|ELITE|Rumpel

Re: FILMS on DVD Reviewed

|MYT|Torq wrote:Hi Guys
Hostel, UK certificate 18
First film I have seen by the Director Eli Roth.
The hype for this film was incredible and almost meets reality.
It is a brutal portrait of torture and greed, where Roth tries hard to emulate the japanese horror industry in all its bloody gore.
Almost makes it.
Shock score :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Torq :D
I really hate this movie...it show my country as "dump" and whorse place in the world...i never seen this (cos iam proud on my little country) and i hope i never must to see it...its a shame :cry:......
Heebo
Ex-MYT

Re: FILMS on DVD Reviewed

deleted.
AnT
Ex-MYT

|MYT|RisenGun wrote:
|MYT|AnT wrote:
|MYT|RisenGun wrote:hey good movies, I saw almost all.

The Hills have eyes (remake), I enjoyed a lot watching it, brutal. This is older but i saw it recentrly and i like it, Donie Darko,is the kind of movie that make you think at the end, very interesting.
Another one, 28 days later, if you like G.Romero films (Dawn of the dead, etc..) this film is gonna like you. This is all for the moment...

Hills have eyes was awesomeeeeeee.

28 day later kinda sucked though :)

Hey Ant if you like Hills have eyes, you have to watch the first movie of Alexandre Aja (the director), High Tension, is brutal too :lol:, I love this guy :D
High tension, ill keep my eye out for it m8 thx.
I laugh in the face of danger.

IN THE GHETTOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Griffin
Ex-MYT

Watched Hostel last night.
Yes it was a good film, but im not sure it was worth the hype.
Even the DVD cover says its the most grusome film you will ever see.
I have seen a lot worse in public release films.

I have to admit the concept was a bit of a shock, also, after watching the documentaries on the special features, that it is loosely based on true events.
It does make you wonder what is happening to this world!
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

FOUR MORE FILMS REVIEWED.

THE DARK UK certificate 15

Starring Maria Bello & Sean Bean.

The Dark is the land of the Dead that is a distorted mirror image of the real world. The legend dictates that the dead can return if the ultimate sacrifice is made...................... A well acted supernatural Horror which could have been better, The certificate is over rated, a 12A would have been more appropriate. Still a neat little chiller.
Shock Factor :shock: :shock:

EVIL ALIENS UK certificate 18

A team of media nuts set out to investigate Alien abductions in Wales.
This is got to be the worst film I have seen in years.
Was there any acting hardly, any Direction by Jake West, not that I noticed.
What about the Horror, the most distubing moment was a media nerd sweezing a face pimple so that the puss swirted all over a mirror!!!
What about special effects and realism, the best bit was Aliens standing still while a hand held rotavator tore out his guts.

One Film magazine described this film as having "More Gore than a Bomb in a Butchers Shop".......They should have put the bomb under the Producer.
AVIOD
Shock Factor ERRRRR

SILENT HILL UK Certificate 15
Starring Radha Mitchell & Sean Bean

This film is based on the Game of the same name.
Critics did not like it, but I found it to be a well acted Horror with some good special effects.
Rose (Radha Mitchell) begins her desperate search for her daughter. She descends into the fog of smouldering ash and into the centre of the twisted reality of the towns terrible secret. Pursued by grotesquely deformed creatures & townspeople stuck in permanent purgatory.............
and yes you will learn a whole new use for razor wire.

Shock Factor :shock: :shock: :shock:

WILDERNESS UK certificate 15
Starring Sean Pertwee, Alex Reid.

Sent away on a military boot camp, a group of young offenders arrive on an uninhabited island only to find they are not alone......

A well acted British Horror film Directed by Michael Bassett with good story line & special effects.
In my oppion not as good as Dog Soldiers but still excellant.

AnT
Ex-MYT

Seen Dark and Silent Hill and have to say i enjoyed watching both the films.
I laugh in the face of danger.

IN THE GHETTOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
FroZenFury

I have only seen Silent Hill :) It was a... interesting movie experience :) But I liked it. It was a bit different kind of horror movie and it was gr8! U should also see a movie called Stay Alive. It was a bit different kind of horror movie as well :P
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

MORE FILMS REVIEWED

Altered UK Certificate 15
from the Director of The Blair Witch Project - Eduardo Sanchez

This is a story about 4 men who are determined to exact revenge against a savage alien life form that held them prisoner and killed there friend.
And yes dire consequents ensue.....special effects are very good espcially the alien, and even a long sequence where intestines are being pulled from a gutted human while he is still alive!!!
Good acting but one felt that more could have been made of the suspense side of the film rather than gore.

Severance UK Certificate 15
directed by Christpher Smith of Creep fame.

This is a comedy horror film about a team of Defence Workers going on a weekend team building holiday in eastern europe.
But they find horror in the woods....traps, killers........
Excellant special effects and some funny moments in a horrible sought of way. A good way to cut staff .....ha ha ha.

The Woods UK Certificate 15
Directed by Lucky McKee

This is a story about the woods near a private school which come alive and produces a very credible and frightening psychological horror story.
Excellant acting and special effects

FroZenFury

Interesting movie about a game called STAY ALIVE. You can watch it here and tell me what you think about it.
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

YET MORE FILMS REVIEWED

ISOLATION UK Certificate 15

This film is about biogenetics, and experiments performed on pregnant cows on a Welsh Farm. Needless to say the experiment goes horribly wrong and with the one liner.....It didn't want to be born----now it doesn't want to die. you get a gruesome & chilling film.
Excellant acting let down somewhat by the special effects.
Shock Factor :shock: :shock:

SAW 3 UK Certificate 18

This DVD is the extreme edition, really a bit more of the offering shown in cinemas.
The story follows the familiar pattern seen in the previuos two outings.
This one however is decidely more gruesome & if you like, more ingenius when it comes to torture & gore. An example of which is a man held in a machine whilst his hands, feet and head are one after the other twisted off his body.....Let the Game begin
Shock Factor :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pottu
Ex-MYT

..It didn't want to be born----now it doesn't want to die sounds great :D
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

MORE REVIEWED

SEE NO EVIL UK Certificate 18

Jacob Goodnight (Kane), a reclusive psychopath...Seven feet tall, 400 pounds, a rusty steel plate screwed into his scull and razor sharp fingernails that pluck out his victims eyes like grapes from a fruit bowl.
Alone with his nightmares in a dilapidated hotel, that is until 8 delinquents arrive for comminity service.........
Excellant acting, good tense moments and stonking special effects.
Shock Factor :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

MORE REVIEWED

WHITE NOISE THE LIGHT UK Certificate 15

After his family is brutally murdered & surviving his own near death experience, Abe Dale(Nathan Fillion) undergoes a transformation that allows him to see those among the living who are about to die.
But when he tries to save people from there fate, he discovers there is an ultimate price to be paid....sometimes they dont come back alone.
This is a surprisingly good film, Execellant Direction, Acting & Music score(listen to it in Dolby Digital 5.1 if you can).
The supernatural shocks drill into you, no gore, but all the better for it.
WATCH IT.
Shock Factor :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
9/10 for Direction, Acting & Music

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT 2 UK Certificate 15

This is a film about changing the past to effect the present.
Suffering from migraine like seizure, Nick(Eric Lively)soon discovers that he has the power to change the past via his memories. This has however unexpected and dire consequences in the present.
And I must admit for us.
It is a confusing, poorly directed film that leaves you wondering why your wasting your time watching it.
AVOID
No shocks,
3/10 for Direction, Acting & Music Score
Griffin
Ex-MYT

28 Weeks Later

28 Weeks Later... Currently in UK Cinemas

The follow on from 28 Days Later (2002).
For those of you who liked 28 days later, this film may come as a dissapointment.
As a film it is good, but as a sequel it doesn't really carry.
The story line doesn't really carry on from the last film, and it almost seems like they have just created a new film, based roughly on the same idea.
It has also been taken over by the americans. None of the original cast or characters are in the film, but is now full of american millitary.
It would seem this film had a much bigger budget than its predecessor, but I am not convinced they have spent it in the right places. There are many special effects, although none were used in the prequal.

Altogether, the acting is good, the effects are good, but maybe out of place, but it has lost its 'Britishness'.
As an american action thriller, its not bad, but not sure its worth going to the cinema for.
:!: :!: :!: :arrow: :arrow:

However, those who have not yet seen 28 Days Later, it is well worth watching!
Great demonstration of British Film
:!: :!: :!: :!: :arrow:
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

APOCALYPTO UK Certificate 18

This Film is Stunning in every sense, another master piece by Mel Gibson.
Set in the ancient Central American civilization in the twilight of the Mayan Culture.
A young Mayan, Jaguar Paw is captured & taken to the great Mayan City, where he faces a horrowing end, removal of heart & head.
Driven by the power of his love for his wife & son, he makes a heart racing escape to rescue them, followed by his recent capturs hell bent on exacting the most cruel revenge.
Dialogue is in Yucatec Maya with sub-titles.
Watch It, superb.

10/10

Return to “Entertainment”