Griffin
Ex-MYT

|MYT|Torq wrote:APOCALYPTO
That contradicts every report I have heard about this film. lol.
Been told its complete pants.
Will give it a try sometime in the future tho.
FroZenFury

I tried to start looking at the movie (Apocalypto)... but the beginning was so... umm special :D that I decided not to continue to the end :P
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

MORE REVIEWS

THE CAVERN UK Certificate 15

This Film is really a clone of the Cave & the Descent, & not a particularly good one. ......a team of explorers learn of a newly discovered cave system in the Kyzyl Kum Desert. They mount an expedition to explore it...
Needless to say the killings start as soon as they descend into the depths of the cave system...... I thought the acting was passable, but was let down by Direction & story line.
The speial effects were mediocre........so all in all MISS IT.

Shock Factor... :shock:

THE FOUNTAIN UK Certificate 15

A Film by the cult Director Darren Aronofsky, of Pi & Requiem for a Dream fame.
This Film is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy about mans eternal struggle with mortality and is set over a thousand years and three parallel lives.
....It is centred on the charactor Tom Creo (Hugh Jackman) who faces the ultimate struggle to save the woman he loves, Izzy played by Rachel Wiesz.
As is usual with Aronofsky films Direction by visual means is very powerful, but sadly i could not get engaged with the characters plight or there emotions....still if you are minded to watch something different in Sci-Fi than the usual stuff from Hollywood, then it is a recommended watch.
7/10

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND UK Certificate 15

This is about Idi Amin of Uganda & a Scotsman who became his personal physician.
It draws a very powerful story of the relationship, the decadence & sheer horror of Amins hench men.
The Doctor becomes more & more charmed by Amin's charisma, which blinds him to the dictator's excesses....His wake up call is very painfull indeed.......
Forrest Whitaker plays Amin, & is one of the most powerful perfomances i have had the pleasure of watching in a long time.
The Direction, Story & Visual presentation are brilliant.
WATCH IT
10/10
Taran

|MYT|Torq wrote:APOCALYPTO UK Certificate 18

This Film is Stunning in every sense, another master piece by Mel Gibson.
Set in the ancient Central American civilization in the twilight of the Mayan Culture.
A young Mayan, Jaguar Paw is captured & taken to the great Mayan City, where he faces a horrowing end, removal of heart & head.
Driven by the power of his love for his wife & son, he makes a heart racing escape to rescue them, followed by his recent capturs hell bent on exacting the most cruel revenge.
Dialogue is in Yucatec Maya with sub-titles.
Watch It, superb.

10/10
Watched it 2 weeks ago. WoW really 10/10 to this movie.

THE NUMBER 23

On his birthday, Walter Sparrow, an amiable dog-catcher, takes a call that leaves him dog bit and late to pick up his wife. She's browsed in a bookstore, finding a blood-red-covered novel, a murder mystery with numerology that loops constantly around the number 23. The story captivates Walter: he dreams it, he notices aspects of his life that can be rendered by "23," he searches for the author, he stays in the hotel (in room 23) where events in the novel took place, and he begins to believe it was no novel. His wife and son try to help him, sometimes in sympathy, sometimes to protect him. Slowly, with danger to himself and to his family, he closes in on the truth.

9/10
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

New Review:

Sunshine UK Cert 15

The Story is basically about our dying sun & missions to save it.......

Visually the film delivers but fails somewhat on story line, although the acting is good and engaging.
However I think this one for Sci-Fi enthusiasts and should be watched on large screen TV to appreciate the visuals.

For me ther certification is to harsh, i give it a 12A.

Rating 6/10
Taran

|MYT|Torq wrote:New Review:

Sunshine UK Cert 15

The Story is basically about our dying sun & missions to save it.......

Visually the film delivers but fails somewhat on story line, although the acting is good and engaging.
However I think this one for Sci-Fi enthusiasts and should be watched on large screen TV to appreciate the visuals.

For me ther certification is to harsh, i give it a 12A.

Rating 6/10
Yup watched it last week so so movie.
|MYT|Alexis

Nice post my friends Torq :D

Here some I like..... horror Wolf Creek, 28 Weeks later and Apocalypto :wink:
Griffin
Ex-MYT

Of Mice & Men
Not a new film, but I found it very good.
No action packed scenes, but some very thought provoking storylines.
Excellent acting by John Malkovich.
For a nice relaxing easy watch: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

The Butterfly Effect
Not such an original plot, but carried out very well.
It certainly grips you for the majority of the film.
Again, some thought provoking moments, and some great twists.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

The Butterfly Effect 2
In the style of Final Destination, they have merely done the same film but with different characters.
The acting wasn't bad, but nothing spectacular.
The story line seemed fairly predictable, but was worth watching.
:idea: :idea:

Keeping Mum
I have to admit to liking a good bit of British comedy.
Rowan Atkinson plays his part very well, and is helped along with some big named actresses.
I found myself laughing a lot with this film.
Certainly worth renting...
:idea: :idea: :idea:
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

NEW REVIEW

PATHFINDER UK Certificate 15

This is a period drama of the Viking invasion of North America & there savagery to those peoples. A very powerful film, strong on Characterisation, very bloody, beautiful emotional scenes, and a musical score which perfectly matches the drama.
It is the Legend of the Ghost Warrior.

I strongly recommend it to all

10/10
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

NEW REVIEW

300 UK Certificate 15

This is a Film about the Spartans, King Leonidas, of Ancient Greece and there epic fight against the Persian hords of Xerxes. It re-creates the battle of Thermopylae.
Visualy stunning, battle scenes very bloody, Musical score matches every mood perfectly, as does the acting.
Perhaps over dramatised, but none the less a trually superb film in every sense.

I strongly recommend it.

10/10
|MYT|Jahhhh
Inactive Member

|MYT|Torq wrote:NEW REVIEW

300 UK Certificate 15

This is a Film about the Spartans, King Leonidas, of Ancient Greece and there epic fight against the Persian hords of Xerxes. It re-creates the battle of Thermopylae.
Visualy stunning, battle scenes very bloody, Musical score matches every mood perfectly, as does the acting.
Perhaps over dramatised, but none the less a trually superb film in every sense.

I strongly recommend it.

10/10
This years number 1!
A must see movie!
|ELITE|Sots

|MYT|Jahhhh wrote:
|MYT|Torq wrote:NEW REVIEW

300 UK Certificate 15

I strongly recommend it.

10/10
This years number 1!
A must see movie!
Nope. Gotta be Bourne Ultimatum for me. A must see trilogy!! :P
|MYT|Jahhhh
Inactive Member

|ELITE|Sots wrote: ...
Nope. Gotta be Bourne Ultimatum for me. A must see trilogy!! :P
Maybe, i got it, but haven't seen it yet...
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

NEW REVIEW

Flyboys UK Certicate 12

Where do I start.
The Film portrays a flying unit for the French in the First World World. All the Pilots are American Volunteers.....The Flying sequences are superb as one might expect for a modern Film.
The aircraft are of the period, the atmosphere, the comradary of the pilots most engaging.
But for me the strong Love story between the Hero and a French Women was the most captivating, ....Again superb acting brought home the emotions felt by them in a time of war.
The musical score reflected all these emotions, both agression in flying and love and friendship perfectly.

I strongly recommend this film.

9/10
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

NEW REVIEW

BLOOD DIAMOND UK Certificate 15

An Ex-Mercenary (Leonardo DiCaprio), & a Mende Fishman (Djimon Hounsou).....Amid the civil war in Sierra Leone in 1999, join for two desperate missions...Recovering a rare pink diamond of immense value & saving the Fishman's son who is a conscript boy soldier in the brutal rebel forces.
Very strong performances by the lead actors, immersive musical score, and story line go together to give a very powerful film depicting the civil war, it's consequences & harsh relatility of diamond smuggling.

I recommend it to all

10/10

Return to “Entertainment”