MeF
Ex-MYT

Re: FILMS on DVD Reviewed

The Great Debaters (2007)

A drama based on the true story of Melvin B. Tolson, a professor at Wiley College Texas. In 1935, he inspired students to form the school's first debate team, which went on to challenge Harvard in the national championship

Good script about the persecution of Black , and great Denzel Washington.

Just wonderful!

9/10 8)
Taran
Ex-MYT

I Am Legend

Robert Neville is a scientist who was unable to stop the spread of the terrible virus that was incurable and man-made. Immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and perhaps the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague -- The Infected -- lurk in the shadows... watching Neville's every move... waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered... and quickly running out of time.

Once again great role play by will smith....
:army34: :army34: :army34: :army34: :army33:
Physical death i do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.
MeF
Ex-MYT

Hitman (2007)

A gun-for-hire "Hitman" is a genetically-engineered, elite assassin known only as Agent 47 hired by a group known only as 'The Organization' is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe.

Another predictable script. Poor action with actor who actually doesn't look like Hitman :?

I not recommended this :cens:

5/10
Taran
Ex-MYT

|MYT|MeF wrote:Hitman (2007)

A gun-for-hire "Hitman" is a genetically-engineered, elite assassin known only as Agent 47 hired by a group known only as 'The Organization' is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe.

Another predictable script. Poor action with actor who actually doesn't look like Hitman :?

5/10

yeah agree this movie = poor direction, poor storyline, acting. total wastage of time.....
AiR||Strike

|ELITE|Taran wrote:
|MYT|MeF wrote:Hitman (2007)

5/10

yeah agree this movie = poor direction, poor storyline, acting. total wastage of time.....
Only good scene was when hitman broke through a window and these kids in that room were playing Hitman Blood Money. It's like a rule that almost every movie ,based on a video game, will suck.
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

I agree in general films of games are not well received, but like anything else there are exceptions.......
See quote below of my earlier review this thread...........

There are probably more......It is a matter of personal taste..
However keep the reviews coming, they are all interesting.....
SILENT HILL UK Certificate 15
Starring Radha Mitchell & Sean Bean

This film is based on the Game of the same name.
Critics did not like it, but I found it to be a well acted Horror with some good special effects.
Rose (Radha Mitchell) begins her desperate search for her daughter. She descends into the fog of smouldering ash and into the centre of the twisted reality of the towns terrible secret. Pursued by grotesquely deformed creatures & townspeople stuck in permanent purgatory.............
and yes you will learn a whole new use for razor wire.
Taran
Ex-MYT

THE EYE

Sydney, a young, blind violinist is given the chance to see for the first time since childhood through a miraculous corneal transplant. As Sydney adjusts to a dizzying new world of colors and shapes, she is haunted by frightening visions of death itself capturing the doomed and dragging them away from the world of the living. Terrorized and on the brink of insanity, Sydney must discover whose eyes she has inherited, and what secret visions they have held.

Good Direction, Sound, role play by Jessica alba, so so storyline missing little bit of thriller in end.... This movie is copy of a Indian movie, i forgot name, so i knew the whole storyline and was abit boring sometimes cuz i knew what will gonna happen...

:army34: :army34: :army34: :army33: :army33:
Taran
Ex-MYT

LETTERS FROM IWO JIMAS (2006)

The island of Iwo Jima stands between the American military force and the home islands of Japan. Therefore the Imperial Japanese Army is desperate to prevent it from falling into American hands and providing a launching point for an invasion of Japan. General Tadamichi Kuribayashi is given command of the forces on the island and sets out to prepare for the imminent attack. General Kuribayashi, however, does not favor the rigid traditional approach recommended by his subordinates, and resentment and resistance fester among his staff. In the lower echelons, a young soldier, Saigo, a poor baker in civilian life, strives with his friends to survive the harsh regime of the Japanese army itself, all the while knowing that a fierce battle looms. When the American invasion begins, both Kuribayashi and Saigo find strength, honor, courage, and horrors beyond imagination.

If you love to watch history or war movies, you will like this one.
good storyline, background music is good also, showing the silent truth of war, in other words a must watch......

:army34: :army34: :army34: :army34: :army34:
Bagwell
Ex-MYT

|ELITE|Taran wrote:I Am Legend

Robert Neville is a scientist who was unable to stop the spread of the terrible virus that was incurable and man-made. Immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and perhaps the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague -- The Infected -- lurk in the shadows... watching Neville's every move... waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered... and quickly running out of time.

But then they released an alternative ending, and then the entire movie was ruined imo.... :(
Taran
Ex-MYT

|MYT|Bagwell wrote:
|ELITE|Taran wrote:I Am Legend

But then they released an alternative ending, and then the entire movie was ruined imo.... :(

yeah agree, thats only thing movie is missing.... :evil:
Taran
Ex-MYT

Behind Enemy Lines (2001)

Fighter navigator Chris Burnett wants out: he was looking for something more than the boring recon missions he's been flying. He finds himself flying the lone Christmas day mission over war-torn Bosnia. But when he talks pilot Stackhouse into flying slightly off-course to check out an interesting target, the two get shot down. Burnett is soon alone, trying to outrun a pursuing army, while commanding officer Reigert finds his rescue operation hamstrung by politics, forcing Burnett to run far out of his way.

Well a lil but old title... one word to describe movie - WOW

Verwolf

|ELITE|Taran wrote:Behind Enemy Lines (2001)

Fighter navigator Chris Burnett wants out: he was looking for something more than the boring recon missions he's been flying. He finds himself flying the lone Christmas day mission over war-torn Bosnia. But when he talks pilot Stackhouse into flying slightly off-course to check out an interesting target, the two get shot down. Burnett is soon alone, trying to outrun a pursuing army, while commanding officer Reigert finds his rescue operation hamstrung by politics, forcing Burnett to run far out of his way.

Well a lil but old title... one word to describe movie - WOW

lol that movie is excellent!
I love it because my gaming style is sniper :P
+ 1st time I've seen it in Latvian language! Lv language makes war movies look better :) Like they will die and there is no way out :D
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

ANOTHER REVIEW

Stargate SG1 ...The Ark of Truth UK certificate 12

This is a full length feature film in the series.........
SG1 are in search of an ancient artefact they hope can defeat the oppressive Ori,
the team learns that the Ori are set to launch a final assault on Earth...

Double crossing IO operative aboard the Odessey, replicators trying to take control and the brain washing bretheren make for an exiciting Sci-Fi outing.

Excellant acting and special Effects.........................

Well worth a look.....................................

7/10
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

MORE REVIEWS

Stargate Atlantis Season Two ... UK certificate 12

This continues the Series.....After narrowly surviving a massive Wraith attack, the new inhabitants of Atlantis continue to uncover the secrets of the ancients and search for allies in their corner of the Universe, but the persistant threat of interference from vicious enemies haunts them.
Will they find the elusive power source they deserately need...will they succumb to the Wraith.

The Special Effects and excellant acting and Direction continue in this outing...as does an engrossing story line..
If you like Sci-Fi and the Stargate franchise then this is for you.

7/10

Alien vs Predator 2..Requiem UK certificate 15

Directed by The Brothers Strause..

After a Horrifying PredAlien crash lands near a small town, killing everyone it encounters and producing countless Alien offspring, a lone Predator arrives to clean up the infestation.
Soon becomes an all out battle, with no rules, no mercy....and hundreds on innocent people caught in the crossfire.
As a handful of human survivors attempt a daring escape, the US government may be hatching a deadly plan of its own........

There is an additional 7 minutes of blood soaked action...not seen in the cinemas.. And yes it is a gore fest..no one but no one is speared from the on slaught of xenomorphs intent on embedding there eggs in every human they come across...
The special effects are as one might expect, awsome...The Direction is good as is the acting...However one wonders, as far as the story line is concerned,whether we have been there before.
Never the less if you liked AVP1, or just like strong Sci-Fi horror then this is for you.....

7/10
|MYT|Alexis

OMG :shock: ... Alien vs Predator 2... I am was watch to this film he is awesome :shock:

Return to “Entertainment”