It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 08:58

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Migration to steam 
Honorary Member

Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr
As you all may know xfire will be shutdown on friday. :cry: Thats too bad coz it was good way to speak with ppl and joining MYT servers for many players. So if we still wanna be in contact we all have to move to steam. For now i suggest u all to join this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/swat4group created by Linux bcoz we don't have access yet to our MYT group on steam, we have it but the only admin there is Jahhh, which was over 500 day ago online on steam. But don't worry, I sent him an email today and I hope he will respond soon. If he won't respond too soon we will create a new group then. And now new thing. I don't know how it is exactly with technical of steam and supporting games but this platform doesn't support SWAT 4 and I don't know if there is such an option but maybe we could make a petition to steam to support it? :think: I don't know, any suggestions?

10 Jun 2015, 21:05
Profile WWW
Clan Leader

|MYT|Kuchar wrote:
As you all may know xfire will be shutdown on friday. :cry: Thats too bad coz it was good way to speak with ppl and join MYTs server for many players. So if we wanna still be in contact we all have to move to steam. For now i suggest u all to join this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/swat4group created by Linux bcoz we don't have access yet to our MYT group on steam, we have it but the only admin there is Jahhh which was over 500 day ago online on steam. But don't worry, I sent him an email today and I hope he will respond soon. If he won't respond too soon we will create a new group then. And now new thing. I don't know how it is exactly with technical of steam and supporting games but this platform doesn't support SWAT 4 and I don't know if there is such an option. But maybe we could make a petition to steam to support it. :think: I don't know, any suggestions?

THanks for that Kuchy m8y...

We need to update and make current ppl aware of the situation

10 Jun 2015, 21:08
Team Leader

|MYT|Kuchar wrote:
I don't know how it is exactly with technical of steam and supporting games but this platform doesn't support SWAT 4 and I don't know if there is such an option but maybe we could make a petition to steam to support it? :think: I don't know, any suggestions?

Slim chance, we aren't even sure who owns the franchise, integration with steam would require extra programming to implement DRM. However, sometimes when someone plays SWAT, their status says something like "In a non-Steam game (SWAT4)".

Looking on the bright side, migration to steam might help us find games that many members already play which is good for the future.

10 Jun 2015, 21:31
Clan Leader

I was wondering about this software ...

www.getgsc.com

11 Jun 2015, 15:21
Team Leader

It was last updated in 2009. Even if it works properly on newer systems, to me it feels like jumping off one sinking ship onto another. You don't approve of Steam, Torq?

11 Jun 2015, 15:45
MYT friend

Origin: Ninwes
Steam: Ninwes
Uplay: Ninwes
Actually you can just add a non-steam game to your list, so when you start the game it will show to others your in the game, the chat should also work ingame that way.

11 Jun 2015, 16:56
Profile WWW
Team Leader

Wes wrote:
Actually you can just add a non-steam game to your list, so when you start the game it will show to others your in the game, the chat should also work ingame that way.

Wes, you're the man! It's displayed in the library and everything.

Update: Launcher works correctly, steam status changes accordingly, in-game layout doesn't work but there might be a workaround for that.

11 Jun 2015, 17:02
Clan Leader

Wes wrote:

Sounds just what we are looking for ..Thx Wes m8y...

I have joined the Swat4 Group lol....

Trying to figure out how to make a comment :oops:

<><><>

Like that Troll m8y

11 Jun 2015, 18:02
MYT friend

|MYT|Trollzilla wrote:
Wes wrote:

Wes, you're the man! It's displayed in the library and everything.

Update: Launcher works correctly, steam status changes accordingly, in-game layout doesn't work but there might be a workaround for that.

Normally if you launch the game trough steam the overlay should work, i will do some research.

Update: The steam overlay works for me ingame there are couple of things that can block the overlay

- ATI Tray Tools
- EVGA Precision
- Kaspersky AV or Internet Security
- RivaTuner
- sView 3D Image viewer - S3D service
- The Shield Deluxe Anti-virus
- Tiny Personal Firewall
- Ventrilo
- Windows Blinds
- Zone Alarm

and you probably have xfire on
Close X-Fire, or set it to not attempt to run its in-game portion on games not launched via X-Fire

11 Jun 2015, 19:45
Profile WWW
Honorary Member

Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr
Ok guys, we have access back to our steam group again so you all can join there now. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MYTs

11 Jun 2015, 21:03
Profile WWW
Clan Leader

|MYT|Kuchar wrote:
Ok guys, we have access back to our steam group again so you all can join there now. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MYTs

It seems u need to invite us all :D

11 Jun 2015, 21:14
MYT friend

Just some information, you can add multiple exe files of swat 4 in your list when you copy the exe and change the name, you could add exe that goes strait to the server.

its been a long time but it was something like join=ip after the exe

if you right click the game in steam and press setting on the bottom one you can change the startoptions there its everything that comes after the exe.

12 Jun 2015, 14:22
Profile WWW
Ex-MYT

Steam: |WM|BaDTimE
Wes wrote:

Actually I've created my Steam account to that :)
I used that in my last clan. (and all my CS versions were non-steam :lol:)
If you have the Steam Client already installed, just CLICK HERE to add SWAT 4 to your Steam Library.
Choose to create a desktop icon to make things easier.

Maybe I post an extended tutorial in MYT HP; like Kuchar did in Forum.
EDIT: Just to complement Kuch post, there's an option showed by Wes, but also another the standart option which doesn't offers Steam integration:

----

I got a free time this month, so I was creating a servermod with new game modes (COOP style, but it would be the base to PvP faster development).
Anyway, since my PC was broken when in GameSpy MasterServer Shutdown event, and I did no real efforts to mend that situation till I got a new (playable) PC.
So I think this time I will give a little break to Mod development to provide us something more resourceful in Steam plataform. But no promises, cuz I don't have much time lasting and I have to debug my servermod.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

13 Jun 2015, 05:01
Team Leader

Wes, thanks for tips. I spent hours with BaDTimE figuring out what exactly is going on, analysing processes, steam logs, DLL modules aaaand it turns out that I had compatibility set to XP SP3 which was the only reason overlay couldn't work.

13 Jun 2015, 15:37
Clan Leader

Please note Everyone that we have our own group in Steam...

|MYT|Team

Please join if you have not done so

Thanks

13 Jun 2015, 22:15
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next