It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 05:20

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Migration to steam 
MYT friend

Origin: Ninwes
Steam: Ninwes
Uplay: Ninwes
|MYT|Torq wrote:
Please note Everyone that we have our own group in Steam...

|MYT|Team

Please join if you have not done so

Thanks

Is that group for MYT members only ?

14 Jun 2015, 13:08
Profile WWW
Ex-MYT

Steam: |WM|BaDTimE
I was thinking in implement Source Query Protocol like it was done with Gamespy v.2 Protocol; and also mb do a trick to spoof some supported Steam game to put Swat in its serverlist. (like with UnrealEngine Games ID)
Anyway, I wake up this morning feeling that I should focus in some imminent rl problems to solve... Sometimes is hard to separate things.
|MYT|Trollzilla wrote:
Wes, thanks for tips. I spent hours with BaDTimE figuring out what exactly is going on, analysing processes, steam logs, DLL modules aaaand it turns out that I had compatibility set to XP SP3 which was the only reason overlay couldn't work.

Damn Troll... I asked you about the Windows XP SP3 Compatibilty Mode since submited your log -.-''
Code:
Sat Jun 13 14:19:32 2015 UTC - 2nd attempt at finding CoCreateInstance... windows compatibility enabled? Handle was in C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll
Sat Jun 13 14:19:32 2015 UTC - Using alternate CoCreateInstance

Btw, stop to impersonate yourself :evil: :lol:
Wes wrote:
Is that group for MYT members only ?

IMO, you are very welcome there.

14 Jun 2015, 16:59
Clan Leader

Indeed Wes m8y ie most welcome :)

16 Jun 2015, 08:50
Ex-MYT

Steam: |WM|BaDTimE
|MYT|Torq wrote:
Indeed Wes m8y ie most welcome :)

:welcome:
--------------------
So... I started last night to implement the Query Protocol used by Steam in Swat 4. There's a lot of documentation in web, libraries, and it become clearer after some packet sniffer in Takedown Dedicated Server.

I don't think that I would get stuck in code, but 1 night was enough to I realize that it should not be my priority.

I have doing another work for weeks and I had to break, and that's is very bad to both projects development. And btw, I have another work in queue b4 this Steam thing.

Another point very important, is that ppl would have to change manually Steam files, or use a patch/script (like download the Markmod Patch) to make Steam believe that Swat4 is another game (free1).

That's worked nicely in Xfire, and also works with UT2004, which also has a differend game ID, use to encrypted the comm. However UT2K4 still uses the same Client Query and MasterServer Query Protocol... so the thing should work too in Steam, but its something new to me.

The native support of Xfire to Swat4 game status was very helpful, but mb try to push to ppl another serverlist ppl in this times could not be sooo expressive.
We already have a outstanding Web Serverlist Browser created by Serge, and it has the most complete stats possible already.
Mb a Serge's GUI client mod with same data of Tracker ;P

For all exposed, I would like to communicate that I'll save/print the documentation to future use, and return to my old activities.

Mb in some months I check if it is worthy or not ;-)
now I need to erase all those 0x56, 0x53, 0x30, 0x31 from my head...
--------------
EDIT: About an alternative to xfire:join?game=swat4 used to launch the game from web, I don't think that's possible do that same with a non-steam game, since its 'gameid' seems pretty randomized ( steam://rungameid/14532646175716341894 ).

We would need again something some script to patch it (or tutorial); or enable swat4:// , like other UnrealEngine games.
If it should easy to ppl patch or change their games, we could had created a alternative Gamespy MasterServer since the begind only editing OS hosts file :roll:

I think the only way to make ppl outside stoped to say 'oh, I would like to play this game, but I have no idea how', is only download with already 'patched' game.
-------------
EDIT2: Btw, I was using Overwolf, that supports a lot of IM plattaforms, including Xfire and Steam. Also there a handful floating interface with a TS icon and others.
I remind from last yeat that Overwolf's ingame TS overlay was pretty helpful too; and I could add Swat4 there like in Steam.
That's a alternative for those don't want to use the Steam client, since that comes with TeamSpeak by default.
But I'll keep using only Steam...

16 Jun 2015, 09:55
Honorary Member

Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr
Wes is that ur profile? http://steamcommunity.com/id/ninwes

16 Jun 2015, 10:12
Profile WWW
MYT friend

Origin: Ninwes
Steam: Ninwes