|MYT|Beerbelott

ACTA

As some of you have noticed, I easily start to troll on a specific subject for some time now. :lol:

What scares me is that, as usual, important things lack the interest they deserve.
Have you heard about ACTA? Most of people didn't even pay attention: 'What is ACTA?' is a sadly common question around there...

Briefly, the beast hides behind the soft name Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.
The name is noble, the content is everything but that. Let's start by saying it is no commercial agreement at all.....

For quite some time now, question about the Internet flourish. SOPA, PIPA were some other bullshits.
They appear for the wrong reason, laws are being crafted by the wrong guys, and since no one cares these law pass. And then guess what? People still do not care...

So far, a bunch a contries signed the ACTA. On the 22nd January, the European Union signed it too! The reporter to the European Parliament resigned immediately after that, which means something. You probably heard about some Anonymous trouble around this particular date.
The European Parliament must now ratify the law for it to be applied. The question will be dealt with in June/July 2011.

In the meanwhile, please, please learn about it, make your own opinion. Don't be passive.
The 'I do not care' dumb asses, please move on.

For those interested, here is a small synthesis of the current problem(s): http://acta.rosset.me/
Enjoy, react, debate and even share if you mean what is written there. Use your brain on the matter, it is worth it.
Last edited by |MYT|Beerbelott on 07 Feb 2012, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
|MYT|BeeM
Inactive Member

Re: ACTA

We in Poland fighting with ACTA from about two weeks. Today I am gonna be on demonstration ANTI-ACTA. Hope we can do something.
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

Polish government alredy signed ACTA in Tokyo, so free internet is over soon :( :thumbdown:
|MYT|Beerbelott

It is never too late.

As I said, the European Union signed the law but must confirm it.
If the European Parliament finally retracts, it could make legal precedence for other countries.

Don't be desperated :)

BeeM I hope your protest will prove itself useful.
Some other movements are planned around March I guess.

We tried something here on the 28th, January but too few people was there...
Tell us about it :P
|MYT|BeeM
Inactive Member

All 3 movies from Katowice City in Poland. All recorded 25.01.2012. As you can see Beer we where faster than French ppl.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
|MYT|Beerbelott

It is not french vs polish lol.
What I like is people moving their asses and Polish are a great example these days.

Let's hope it will be worldwide soon enough.

Small adds to the article have been made.
|MYT|DK

Not active in-game BUT active on the forum
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

Yeah for now.. But when all will be quiet after some time they will sign it behind our backs..
|MYT|Beerbelott

Countries starts to question the legal text.
Ambassadors starts to rise the question of their civic ogligations vs their professional ones.

I particularly liked the Poland decision to postponed the acceptance of that text.
I also like the reaction of the slovenian ambassador who signed the text on behalf of her country. Better late than never.

Kuchy, I really think you should stay positive. The 'global conspiracy' doesn't exist, just people who have been driven wrong by the people we don't know who prepared this law for 5 years (as I read somewhere...).
Keep hope and be active about it, there is no better way.

I modified the link to the article in my first message: the website will switch automatically on the best language, defaulting to english.
|MYT|DK

Saturday, 11 February 2012
Time14:00 until 16:00
City: London
Place:British music house
Not active in-game BUT active on the forum
|MYT|Beerbelott

ACTA will be referred to the European Court of Justice:
http://www.laquadrature.net/en/ecj-refe ... legitimate

Good news? Bad news?

Things move at least, let's keep the pressure up!

Return to “General Discussion”