|MYT|Svea
Team Member

Spawn-Killing

Wondering about Spawnkilling. To avoid future kicks I want Admins opinions about this. (this means the situations posted in this topic nothing else, to avoid endless discussions) ty.

:arrow: The first "spawnkill" was as the 1st screenshot show. A classic position, taking cover when I hear that swat just re-spawned, then leaning out in a doorway, shooting the Swat-player when he/she is in the doorway to the right of Swat spawn. After one kill I moved to the stairs to the right. After that kill there was a warning about SP-killing. Imo, to make one kill and then move on in that position is not spawnkill, nor camp. Some ppl call it "passing".

I can agree that its a borderline case at the most, if the suspect are camping in that position killing several swats, then it could be spawncamp/spawnkill, if the swats are killed in the doorway to their spawn, wich wasn't the case here.

:arrow: The second "spawnkill" was as the screenshot show. Also a classic position behind the tires. I never shoot directly into spawn from this position, I waited for swats to come out from the spawn and killed them (2) when they were next to the metal stairs. After those kills I got kicked from the server. (while writing in the chat) lol

Imo, it wasn't spawnkilling, even if it was I think that one warning and then a kick show a lack of patience in the admin.

Ad Rem, Is it spawnkilling or not? Would be nice to know for future rounds in that map. Fair and fun gameplay would be nice. :thumbup:
TY for your time.
Fiat justitia, pereat mundus. Audaces fortuna iuvat.
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

Re: Spawn-Killing

Thx for posting Svea...

First Screen :

Your first screen & explanation is of course ok & I except it...

The Passing rule is allowed so that ppl can search for the VIP near SP & if engaged, fight back.
In addition move pass an opposing SP Area & again if engaged fight back.

I except that it is a grey area in so much that some ppl take advantage of this to actually camp SP.
Admins try to recognise this and make a decision on which.

Second Screen :

This is a classic SP Camp position & someone with skills can virtually shut down SWAT.
However it is also vulnerable...
ppl if quick enough can get to the postion under the catwalk which will allow nadding of the tyres position.
This will shut down the Suspect SP camping at least long enough for SWAT to emerge fully.

Admins reserve the right to warn on SP here, and Kick if necessary..

Remember that we try to be fair to all ppl regarding these rules, and more often than not we err on the side of caution regarding sanctions.

My advice is to back off if there is any doubt about your postion regarding SP...& of course to take note of Admins warnings.

Finally I will add that our aim is to provide a free flowing game environment which we hope will benefit all.
|MYT|Braveheart
Honorary Member

If you would ask all admins to share their opinion it will result in an endless loop of doubts. I once made a video which I think to be the most theoretical explenation of spawncamping and spawnkilling.
  • Spawncamping:
    If all doorways or exit ways of the spawn area are covered we speak of spawncamping.
    1. Picture 1: Only 1 doorway of the spawn covered. OK
    2. Picture 2: Overview of both doors. Reason to doubt but not necessary impossible to get out. OK
    3. Picture 1 & 2: If 2 suspects are positioned on both pictures I think it's clear the officers have a tiny chance of leaving the spawn. If you force them to see the same room over and over again each spawn and they can't even set a step in another room, you will spoil their game. Not OK
    In the 3th case people get annoyed and warning will be given, actions will be taken. Unless the VIP is around that area. It's the admins duty to ensure a full picture of the situation and make his decision justified.
  • Spawnkilling
    Easy to explain. If a player spawns and an opponent has a direct sight of the spawning player he is a threath for spawnkilling. In fact he is already spawncamping as the spawning player is defently not able to leave the spawnarea without being noticed by an opponent anyway.
    1. If he takes the shot. Not OK
    2. If he leave the spawning player for what it is. OK
    3. VIP there: If the spawing player is able to see the opponent and the VIP, and also the opponent has sight of VIP, only then he is allowed to spawnkill. OK
    4. Passing by: The typical explanation. I don't get it why people start to argue about this when they get warned. It is at it is, people spawning can not known the opponents intention so we just warn. Just try to avoid spawns for a while then instead of complaining. We had people doing it 3 times in the same round... always passing by eh? = kick. Starts argueing... = temprary ban. The game has been enough spoiled for some players that discussing this stuff is the least we want.
There are those situations... yes... where people get annoyed. Do not spoil the game for others and pleas be so kind to move from spawn. We are all playing togheter suspects and officers. Our lives do not depend on it. People who continue to be annoying are considered to be violaters of our community rules.

Greetings,
|MYT|Braveheart
Image Image
foxfire
Ex-MYT

I use this tactic very often but I shoot never directly into to the spawn door. Not on MYT server :p
Always as far as possible from spawn away, many ppl are upset about that, but instead of rethinking their own tactics, then they curse me or insult.
Is a very aggressive tactic because ppl are shot not far from spawn
AE clan taught me that I have also learned to deal with it on the side of Swat.

I think that it is very disrespectful to kick older players (friends) without warning!
Lot of you guys know Svea and know she is not a spawn killer.
She is sometimes a little bit strange :p but maybe because her works like a horse and join the server if she finds a few minutes time in the week.
but she's always fairplayer and everyone knows that.
But I think many emotions were in play on the both sides.
I found that was very disrespectful!

:wave:
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

For me first and second screen is no spawn kill, unless u dont shot at main door from 2nd position. Shoting near stairs is ok. And shoting at entry from position 1 is naturally ok, this is no longer spawn area.. On this map spawn killing is inside this room (spawn area end near lockers) 8)
|MYT|Serge
Team Leader
battle.net: Serge#21837
Origin: Mage
PSN: ex-serge
Steam: sergelicious

just a kick? should have been banned for that
Insane

I personally love spawnkill, but second is definitively not allowed
Are you Insäne enough?