PSN: dimonkey0
Steam: dimonkey
Uplay: dimonkey
Xbox: dimonkeyX

Ready or Not

Ready Or Not

Release Date: Q4 2020

Developer Blog: http://voidinteractive.net/developer-bl ... nd-beyond/

Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with diffusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments. It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc. Bring order to chaos with up to 8 players in cooperative play, battle enemy squads in a close player-vs-player environment, or command AI in a striking single-player mode.

Ready Or Not has been in development since June 2016, and includes an array of unique features. Today, we’re going to run through some of the already included features we’re most excited about.

Current features include:

Incremental lean system
Our most prominent feature involves the players ability to maneuver around obstacles, opening up infinite possibilities regarding tactical positions. Players can duck under low cover to avoid oncoming fire, or peak above high cover in order to spot and return fire upon the enemy. The assigned keys can be tapped in any order to “peek”. On top of this, we have also included a classic quick-lean system seen in many shooters.

Incremental Door control system
This gameplay feature allows for doors of multiple types such as sliding, swinging, and revolving doors, to be manipulated by the mouse wheel at any time. Provided the door is unlocked, players can interact and incrementally move them.

Modular speed control
Our final mouse-wheel-based feature involves the control of the player’s speed by scrolling up or down. This allows for precise movement in a close-quarters environment, which may mean the difference between life and death in a hostile situation. This, of course, can be re-bound to suit our users needs.

Simulated and detailed third person inventory
In a real life situation, each item has its place in a loadout. We wanted to ensure this level of replication, so we included detailed animations and systems which show your teammates exactly what you’re doing. Magazines, grenades, and items are retrieved and returned to their specific pouches, with the pouch flaps opening and closing in synchronicity with the players reload or draw, respectively.

Convex collision armour, allowing for precise protection
Armour collision in Ready or Not is calculated based on the mesh coverage on the player, allowing for accurate levels of realistic ballistic protection.

Projectile dynamics, bullets penetrate, ricochet, and deteriorate
Rounds have realistic range, drag, and tumble velocity. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well a projectiles penetrate and exit. All rounds have the ability to ricochet based on surface materials and angle of impact, and deflection has recently been included as a feature. Less-than-lethal rounds will be unlikely to penetrate, but can sometimes still kill depending on proximity and impact area.

Responsive damage system and effects
If a player is shot in the legs, movement is slowed down based on the level of damage. Arm damage will decrease accuracy and increase draw times. Head damage, provided it is survived, can intermittently “haze” the players vision. This is all shown via a passive (read: hidden unless needed) indicator at the bottom of the screen.

Visceral gore
Deaths need to be impactful to the end user and we’re committed to providing an experience like no other. If characters in the game are hit, parallax bullet holes spawn on flesh, and blood will then seep out into surrounding fabrics. A gory bullet hole also becomes an emitter, as individuals who knock their wounds onto objects create a small splatter, based on bone velocity. In the future, we plan to implement an entire bodily destruction system.

Highly detailed weapons, characters and environments
As seen in our gallery and teaser, Ready or Not’s assets aren’t camera-shy. A realistic and high-detail representation of all assets is necessary in immersing the player in our world. Weapon edges are smooth and seamless, environmental detail is minute.

Massive selection of items
As of pre-alpha, we currently have over 30+ items in total, with plans to greatly expand this selection monthly. Concerns may arise over balance issues, but each item will have its place and value considered in order to avoid having duplicate functioning (but visually different) gear. These items include weapons, devices, grenades, and deployable items (read: items that can be selected in our planning phase)

Fully supported competitive servers based on Amazon Gamelift API
Ready or Not features a fully competitive set of gamemodes to test your mettle against other squads in PvP. However, players can still host listen servers and play with custom game rules.

Plans to support squad competitive play
Create a squad with up to ten friends for PvP and Coop. Work as small groups to reap squad rewards, and compete in yearly leader-board competitions to earn unique skins. A passive pointscore system allows players to work together to level and earn more squad points, opening up options in a mission’s planning phase.

Tactical Analysis
All missions begin with a tactical analysis and planning phase, currently allowing teams to shut off power grids, blockade entrances, create or choose new entry points, and spawn unique devices including ballistic shields, heavy rams, and telescopic ladders.

We hope you stick with us through our journey in making a true-to-life tactical shooter that can be held up to the greats. We’re excited to share our work over the course of this year.

For those who haven’t seen it, here’s our reveal.

BigKev
Ex-MYT

Re: Ready or Not

Would be nice to have a new SWAT game to get into.
Nothing I have played since my online days with MYT has ever hit the mark for me.
..non illegitamati carborundum..

sunglasses make you look cool
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT
Steam: |WM|BaDTimE

BigKev wrote:Would be nice to have a new SWAT game to get into.
Ready or Not - Special Weapons and Tactics ;-)
|MYT|dimonkey
Honorary Member
battle.net: dimonkey#2417
Discord: dimonkey#1730
Origin: dimonkey75

Devblog 02 from earlier last month

Read the blog here:
http://voidinteractive.net/developer-bl ... pproaches/
|MYT|dimonkey
Honorary Member

Trailer

Looks great, still refuse to get hyped until it is launched. My fingers still hurt from being burnt before ;)
|MYT|MaPsTaR
Team Leader
Discord: |MYT|MaPsTaR#5679
Origin: mapstar87
Steam: mapstar87
Uplay: mapstar87

Hope they don't mess up game play with some weird expansions...
Someone gonna preorder?
Dedicated servers not planned?
There is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer!
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader
battle.net: Danilo#21437
Discord: |MYT|Danilo#7658
Origin: |MYT|Danilo
Steam: jkdfg
Uplay: danilooirwjf93
Xbox: rileymartino

Very interesting game could be the future of SWAT4 if developed well
Let's see how the future will see :D :D
|MYT|dimonkey
Honorary Member

|MYT|MaPsTaR wrote: Someone gonna preorder?
I won't after the last disaster :D I'm waiting for it to come out.
|MYT|MaPsTaR wrote: Dedicated servers not planned?
Apparently they are having dedicated servers and are allowing modding.
|MYT|SoundMan
Discord: Soundman

Yeah, dedicated servers are in the game. It's in the trailer.
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader
battle.net: Danilo#21437
Discord: |MYT|Danilo#7658
Origin: |MYT|Danilo
Steam: jkdfg
Uplay: danilooirwjf93
Xbox: rileymartino

|MYT|dimonkey wrote:
|MYT|MaPsTaR wrote: Someone gonna preorder?
I won't after the last disaster :D I'm waiting for it to come out.
|MYT|MaPsTaR wrote: Dedicated servers not planned?
Apparently they are having dedicated servers and are allowing modding.
me is preorder As soon as I can I try and do a review here or even a live :D
|MYT|dimonkey
Honorary Member

|MYT|DK

The gameplay of Ready or not, sound OMG are back in 2001?

For me, this game needs more work any way enjoy the gameplay
Not active in-game BUT active on the forum
Xelah!
Discord: A$AP "Xelah"#3545
Steam: asapaduraru

What I have to say: crazy game with a really good potential, i think if they fix some glitches (like the ladder one :lol: :lol: ), buff a little bit the light kevlar (you die with 2-3 shots lol...) and smurf that F. heavy kevlar I think it'll be really really cool!
Can't wait to see the in-door maps and other cool features. :ugeek:
believe it or not I still shine after all these years. A$AP FOR LIFE.
|MYT|Kolea
Discord: Kolea#4146

uninstall all
|MYT|Kolea
Xelah!
Discord: A$AP "Xelah"#3545
Steam: asapaduraru

no
believe it or not I still shine after all these years. A$AP FOR LIFE.

Return to “All other games”