Ctulu

[FPS]Aliens: Colonial Marines

Oh

My

GOD!

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/index.ph ... ame=aliens

My favorite franchise in the world!

Made by Gearbox, renowned for their Brothers in Arms series.
Unreal 3.0 engine
Total access to the Aliens franchise, including sounds and music and one of the artistic developpers of that time.
You will Also visit the Egg room with the giant dude from the first movie ...
All weapons from the movie, including sentry guns, movement detectors and wall-seal torches ...
Objective based instead of missions ...

and the definite sell point for me ... 4 man co-op ...

it'll be good, "omg I need plastic on my chair cause I'm shitting myself" good ....

(... also apparently for the console kids)

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/alien ... 4510395087

Allan
Ex-MYT

Re: [FPS]Aliens: Colonial Marines

looks very good, Doom stype :wink:
Mark
Ex-MYT

looks awesome...i used to play "Aliens" on C64 many years ago......and that was a great game
OMG..!!! i have the gayest avatar ever....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ctulu

If they make it good this could be an awesome tactical squad shooter!
Let's hope this turns out to be as good as it looks ...

Concerning the Doom reference, after Wolfenstein 3D, ID soft had contacted 20th Century Fox to make the game Aliens. All went well untill 20th Century Fox started to stick their noses in too much and the game got canceled. Carmack and the others decided to continue anyway and Doom was born, so actualy Doom is Alien style ^^

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom
The development of Doom began in 1992, with John Carmack writing the new game engine while the rest of id Software was finishing Spear of Destiny (the sequel to Wolfenstein 3D). When the full design phase began in late 1992, the main thematic influences were the movies Aliens and Evil Dead II. The title of the game was chosen by John Carmack
another interesting hystorical reference. If it wasnt for the success Terminator and Swartzeneger delaying the shoot of that film, Aliens would never had been made ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_%28 ... nspiration
While completing pre-production of The Terminator in 1983, director James Cameron discussed the possibility of working on a sequel to Alien (1979) with Twentieth Century Fox producer David Giler.[6] A fan of the original, Cameron was interested in crafting a sequel, and entered a self-imposed seclusion to brainstorm a concept for Alien II.[6] After four days, Cameron produced an initial 45 page treatment, although management changes at Twentieth Century Fox resulted with the film put on hiatus as they felt Alien did not create a compelling profit to warrant a sequel.[6] A scheduling conflict with actor Arnold Schwarzenegger caused filming of The Terminator to be delayed by nine months as Schwarzenegger was filming Conan the Destroyer, which allowed Cameron to write a script for Aliens. While filming The Terminator, Cameron had written 90 pages for Aliens, and although the script was not finished, Fox were impressed and told him if The Terminator was a success he would direct Aliens.
So basicaly if the first Alien hadnt been made, James Cammeron would never've been interested in making a sequel, then Doom would never had been made .... where would gaming have been today ....
Ctulu

For the weapon freaks here is the pulse rifle's origin ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M41A_pulse ... rop_design
The M41A Pulse Rifle was designed by James Cameron and built by British armorers Simon Atherton and Andrew Fletcher from the parts and components of three firearms supplied by prop armory Bapty & Co., U.K. The rifle component utilised a World War II-era Thompson M1A1 submachine gun while the grenade launcher component was built around the action of a Remington 870 pump-action shotgun and the shotgun was encased inside the shroud and foregrip of a Luigi Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun. It was originally designed around a Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun but the MP5 is said not to have produced a muzzle flash as large as desired for the impression of a futuristic infantry rifle.

It in fact can be bought as an airsoft gun upgrade for the M1A1 Thompson :D

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/ ... t&id=GP132
Mark
Ex-MYT

yup...... what an awesome film aliens was.....forgot how old it actually is now...

and talking of weapons from the film......in the directors cut....there are two sentry guns ...very similar to bf2142 sentrys......
OMG..!!! i have the gayest avatar ever....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Verwolf

Thanks for posting this o_O
My favorite moviezz! :P Looks ownful :)
raVen
Ex-MYT

That game should came out soon... hope its gone be as good as they say...
Reypointss
Spambot

They said it was coming out in January (this month) i been waiting for this game to come out since July
raVen
Ex-MYT

LOL :lol:

Reypointss
Spambot

lol wut? I was wondering when the game would come out lol. But that video is funny as hell, nice one Raven

Return to “All other games”