Cobra
Ex-MYT

Technical Problem, could anyone help?

ok.... I built a new pc... athlon dual core 3gig, 4gb ddr2 ram, and asus mb and geforce 512mb 9600gtoc, same build as dutch's but when i play the game occasionally locks for a second or so, pretty frequently but only when i play online, with lower settings than the single player. if anyone could help itd be great as it is very frustrating. thinking maybe it is internet related as pc build is new and as i say doesnt struggle at all but cant find anything on it. i have opened the ports on my router aswell.

Thanks in advance

|MYT|Cobra
Reypointss
Spambot

Re: Technical Problem, could anyone help?

I could help you but i dont know anything about comp.
Pottu
Ex-MYT

only thing i can say is patience. new computer needs new state of mind i guess :)
Hawk
Ex-MYT

PM Allan on xfire he's the man for comp problems.
Mark
Ex-MYT

easy answer......
make sure you have original cod 4 disc....
....then smash it to pieces with a hammer..
....then go your local pc game shop...
...buy BF2142
...install....
..download any patches required...
purchase some beers...
..then prepare yourself for the best team based shooter ever.!!!
..enjoy...
...then sit back and laugh at all your friends that play that inferior game cod4

:army34: ;-)
OMG..!!! i have the gayest avatar ever....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MeF
Ex-MYT

|MYT|Mark wrote:easy answer......
make sure you have original cod 4 disc....
....then smash it to pieces with a hammer..
....then go your local pc game shop...
...buy BF2142
...install....
..download any patches required...
purchase some beers...
..then prepare yourself for the best team based shooter ever.!!!
..enjoy...
...then sit back and laugh at all your friends that play that inferior game cod4

:army34: ;-)
hahaha dont listen to him. Hes crazy :lol:
Taran
Ex-MYT

|MYT|Cobra wrote:ok.... I built a new pc... athlon dual core 3gig, 4gb ddr2 ram, and asus mb and geforce 512mb 9600gtoc, same build as dutch's but when i play the game occasionally locks for a second or so, pretty frequently but only when i play online, with lower settings than the single player. if anyone could help itd be great as it is very frustrating. thinking maybe it is internet related as pc build is new and as i say doesnt struggle at all but cant find anything on it. i have opened the ports on my router aswell.

Thanks in advance

|MYT|Cobra
which antivirus? hopefully not bitdefender or kaspersky..........
Physical death i do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.
MANIAC
Team Founder

hi m8,
if its a new build, try and download new drivers.
sound card
graphics card
motherboard
all will need updating.

also in another post i see you dont use any anti virus prog. extremely unwise imo.
Reypointss
Spambot

For virus protection, get Norton 360. Here in USA, its the best of virus protection.
|MYT|Jahhhh
Inactive Member

Reypointss wrote:For virus protection, get Norton 360. Here in USA, its the best of virus protection.
:sux:
Taran
Ex-MYT

|MYT|MANIAC wrote: also in another post i see you dont use any anti virus prog. extremely unwise imo.
wow, get AVAST PRO :twisted:
Physical death i do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.
raVen
Ex-MYT

|MYT|Jahhhh wrote:
Reypointss wrote:For virus protection, get Norton 360. Here in USA, its the best of virus protection.
:sux:
+1
Allan
Ex-MYT

hey m8, as maniac said u need to update ur drivers, go to asus website http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx
select your motherboard model correctly and update the chipest driver, audio driver.
and here download the graphics driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html this is if u have windows xp.
1 more thing, when u say it locks does the pc make any kind of noise? ticks or anything it could be something with the hard drive.
as for anti virus i tried everything and best ones are nod32 and kaspersky, other ones like norton or bitdefender slow ur pc down, Avast is ok aswel.
also try to defrag ur pc more often.
Cobra
Ex-MYT

hey m8, as maniac said u need to update ur drivers, go to asus website http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx
select your motherboard model correctly and update the chipest driver, audio driver.
and here download the graphics driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html this is if u have windows xp.
1 more thing, when u say it locks does the pc make any kind of noise? ticks or anything it could be something with the hard drive.
as for anti virus i tried everything and best ones are nod32 and kaspersky, other ones like norton or bitdefender slow ur pc down, Avast is ok aswel.
also try to defrag ur pc more often.

Ok Allen, but the thing is this, i dont see how it ONLY locks up Online, and ya my hard drive makes a thinking sound when it does, but as i said online my graphics are turned down, as on SINGLE player, my graphics are maxed out and it does not lag one little bit, so surely if it maybe was the HD it would skip more on single player?, Im not sure if roughters come into it, but i have a Thomson Speedtouch ST585 v6, so whether it maybe has somthing to do with the fact that that roughter was surplied by my isp which means its cheap, i dont know, its just damn annoying as my comp is very nice, but also it can not be the drivers as |MYT|Dutch does not have the problem i have, and we have identical computers apart from the graphics card, mine is not as good as Dutch, but the card i have is a Geforce 9600 GT Overclock and the reviews said it runs CoD4 at 70-80 FPS max settings, which it does single player with NO Lag or skips atall. and i defrag my comp once a week due to the fact i have half a terabite and i run Spyware Doctor Scans all the time, also it on all the time, and i use Firefox, and never in the last 2 weeks has my comp had a virus of any sort. But could u check or do u know, could it be my roughter, or anything from what i have said, and also, if it runs sweet on single player on max settings then it should online and less settings?

thanks mate =)
Allan
Ex-MYT

i see what u mean now m8, I also have speedtouch router but different version (Bethere broadband?) I also get the quiet same problem as u, lately some times game freezes for a sec or less but doesn't happen allot maybe once or twice a round. you could try to update the firmware driver for router this is if you have be broadband
"To upgrade the firmware of the Bebox you will need the Upgrade wizard software which is available on the CD that came along with the Welcome Back. If you have lost the CD, please contact our support team who will send you the wizard to your email. "
if u have any problems with the update u can phone them up they should help u easily, i personally haven't updated mine so i might try if im bothered ;-)

Return to “All other games”