|MYT|oo7
Honorary Member

Re: TAKEDOWN: RED SABRE

i played today ... what a mess... i was feeling like playing rambo six... seriously SWAT 4 is looking better then red sabre... the weapons are better but the graphic its a totally disaster!!! looking like delta force 2

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live"
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

|MYT|oo7 wrote:looking like delta force 2
ahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: made my day :clap:
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT
Steam: |WM|BaDTimE

Hotfix Patch Update 1
Thanks for your support of TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre and our first gameplay patch. Please see the following for the first hotfix update:

Fix List:

•Steam client launcher [PLAY] button will now launch a batch file that properly loads the 32bit or 64bit version of the game based on the player's Windows operating system. This should fix many connection issues.
•Added Steam Server list support. To view in Steam, Click View (from the top) > Servers > CHANGE FILTERS: Takedown Red Sabre. Note: we are currently working on a subsequent patch to even further increase the accuracy of the server information shown.
•Fixed certain player audio input from not being heard by enemy AI, causing unresponsiveness.
•TTS (Text-To-Speech) feature has been disabled due to player abuse.

Also in regard to the pre-order offer, it seems that folks who pre-ordered by third party are having difficulty seeing the unlocked Killhouse content. We are working through this issue with Valve and should hopefully have a solution shortly. If you have a pre-order code and have entered it, please follow this process to access your unlocked content.

1. Choose Play > Single Player
2. Choose GAME MODE > Tango Hunt > MAP > Killhouse

Note that some user may experience minor text errors on loading screens, this will be addressed in the next update.
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

First patch:

- Fixed three issues.
- Removed a feature.
- FU
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

I decided to play one single player map to see what the game felt like. Uploaded the video here >>

Basically:
- Laggy, jittery movement when moving around. It's like weapon is trying to stay in position while you move.

- You CANNOT command your AI or your TEAM. There are no context commands.. I am not kidding. Only two team commands are available to tell the team to hold or .. err.. unhold (forgot what it was called). There are no in-game indicators to show what command has currently been given.

- Game suffers from 'realistic camo disorder' (OK, I made that up). What is RCD? If you have played games like Battlefield 3, Arma and COD, then you know that every damn person looks pretty much the same. So you have no idea who is enemy or who is foe unless you look at some in-game colored text. In Takedown, you don't even get colored text name or indicator. In the video, you can see that I almost shot my own team mate thinking he was a susp. Suspects are wearing pretty much same skin but it was my first time playing and I was expecting people in gear to show up here and there.

- I am still shocked that this is Unreal Engine 3. Yeah, apparently they managed to make UE3 game look worse than Unreal 1. Watch the video as I comically get lost in same looking corridors with cut and paste job done by some level designing hack. I should remind you that the game developer leading the team has worked on games like GRAW..

- Completely **** UI. Options menu is not only lacking in options, but video options are basically Low - Medium - High. Yeah. Go open the options page for Raven Shield and SWAT 4 to see what actualy options page looks like.
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT

Penguin, its using directx 9.c, which supports ShaderModel 3.0

My swat4 runs with SM 3.0 support (just check on logs) although shaders have been made to SM 2.0

I was waiting some DX11 SM 5.0 game, but seems that serellan decide to aim only in old OS/GPU's

I played only 2 times very fast, but It was enough to see flat low-res textures w/ absolute no bump/UV map.

I think it dnoes't wont worth to port a swat4 mod there... just keeping playing our original game.

Well, I never played swat SP after Fairfax mission, so I hope the MP mode be at least decent, cuz those bots... :roll:
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

|MYT|BaDTimE wrote:Penguin, its using directx 9.c, which supports ShaderModel 3.0

My swat4 runs with SM 3.0 support (just check on logs) although shaders have been made to SM 2.0

I was waiting some DX11 SM 5.0 game, but seems that serellan decide to aim only in old OS/GPU's

I played only 2 times very fast, but It was enough to see flat low-res textures w/ absolute no bump/UV map.

I think it dnoes't wont worth to port a swat4 mod there... just keeping playing our original game.

Well, I never played swat SP after Fairfax mission, so I hope the MP mode be at least decent, cuz those bots... :roll:

Running SWAT 4 with SM3.0 won't do anything unless the developers added SM3.0 based tweaks in the first place.

As far as DX11 is concerned, true. That's why I am saying, I am surprised they are using Unreal 3 since I use Unreal 3 in my game and have been using DX11 features like tesselation and image based reflections a lot.

Go here and see DX11 features built inside Unreal 3 >> http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DirectX11Rendering.html

I played SWAT 4 SP first, I always play SP first even in Quake 3 I played it against bots first to practice maps and gameplay. So yeah, SWAT 4 SP is pretty awesome, especially storyline you get in places like Children of Tarrone where there is creepy build up to player going into bedroom of kids and swats asking where are all kids? Then you go down in the basement with creepy music and BAM, you find graves of all kids and are like 'holy **** that's messed up'.. all swats are saying same thing. Then you REALLY wanna kill that Tarrone f**k. :P

This is why in chat yesterday I was asking about SWAT 5 SP demo I wanna make. I want a good SP in my tactical shooter. Raven Shield was known for providing amazing SP experience with AI and so was SWAT4 and SWAT3 Elite. You DO NOT make these shooters without good SP, else you lose a lot of audience (look at Arma, now they finally realized they need a SP in Arma 3 to make people buy the game.. not everyone plays MP in tactical shooters).
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT

|MYT|theDeparted wrote:Running SWAT 4 with SM3.0 won't do anything unless the developers added SM3.0 based tweaks in the first place.
Yep. That's what I said.
UE 2.5 already uses SM3.0... so they got UE3 and didn't explore all its power, and wont let us create good assets to mods as well.

Seriously, any game has option to change the video settings, or at least auto-detect for compatibility reasons.

Well, I really don't like of SWAT 4 AI system. SP is OK, but they could had worked a bit more in AI.
I understand that even using the UE AI system that's not a easy job.
That's why I had to suspend the VIP Rescue game mode: Native AI sucked a lot, whilst custom hybrid bots (House of Pain, MM Bots) play decently... not hard to do at all, but no time enough to debug.
I think Takedown was hurrying to release it and forgot to debug AI properly.
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

|MYT|BaDTimE wrote:I think Takedown was hurrying to release it and forgot to debug AI properly.

Well in my play-through, like the video shows, they targeted enemy quickly, and it was similar to Raven Shield and SWAT 4 AI. I didn't find any difference there.

The problem is that you are not given any commands to control the AI. In SWAT 4 and Raven Shield, you can command team AI to stack up at door, clear it with specific nade or mirror room.. etc. etc.

This is why SP in Takedown is crap (among other reasons). I am surprised that a game using Swat 4 and Raven Shield names in advertising forgot a huge part of game (which is controlling AI or giving other players commands through UI). So my conclusion is that the developers just wanted to cash in on Kickstarter fad and the fact that PC gamers will blindly buy a game claiming to be successor to tactical shooters of the past.
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT

I saw in its folder either SM3 and SM5 shaderpack...

I'm looking to run that in DX11.

EDIT:

Just add the -D3D11 or -DX11 to game's executable command line. (woa! I just discovered one more: -SM5)

Those arguments can be added in INI config too (AllowD3D11=True).

As Swat4 run in with SM3 support, it wont change so much... I'm still exploring and all that I experienced was screen tearing (1920x1080 - FPS capped @ 62).

At least it opens the possibility to add highend assets to game.

Btw, here's the DX11 support to Windows Vista: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=4390

-----------------

Patch Update 27 September 2013
505 Games wrote: Once again, thanks to all of the folks who've contributed to tracking down issues since our release last Friday (9/20) and our recent hotfix patch this Tuesday.

Today’s patch will address the following issues:
1. LOD’s and supporting code adjusted to resolve the odd eyeball/hand stretching issues with dead bodies.

2. Implemented fix to reduce single player games abruptly ending with message prompt “Your connection to the host has been lost.” after attempting to join an MP game issue.

3. UI fix for loadouts displaying options in their inappropriate slots.

4. Fixed DLC bug related to players unable to join servers due to DLC mismatch.

5. UI Fix for debug text “null’ displaying on the AAR screen.

6. UI Fix for “AAA:BBB” being displayed on waiting to load screen.

7. UI fix for server browser (lobby) games not refreshing upon clicking refresh button.

8. Single Player extraction zones increased and should now properly complete while playing with Squad AI.

9. All HQ extraction zones near all gates properly function.

There are still issues outstanding that we want to address, and some of the more critical issues require more time to implement. As a part of what we call the Triage process, we take into consideration several factors when determining which fix to adopt:
● Ease of fix
● Impact of fix on other areas
● Length of time to implement
● Severity of the issue
● Etc.
This process guides decisions on which fixes get adopted now and which ones get adopted later.

With this in mind, in order to help in our Triage process, we are extracting as much information as we can from the Steam & Serellan forums - so please continue to discuss what problems you are running into in these locations. We also offer lots of support on our forums (in addition to the Steam forum here), as well: http://www.serellan.com/forums.
Well, with critics review of 2/10 I don't think that all patches of world can mend it :roll:
Anyway I hope that they release dev tools asap to the community (if there is still some community ^^) use it as platform to a good mod, such as Counter-Strike on Half-Life.
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

SWAT 4 used Unreal 2.5 engine from what I can remember. It didn't had DX11 features so forcing it won't do anything.

You can add the commands in ini or shortcut but the game itself will not recognize them because it doesn't have any feature that uses DX11 (or PS 3.0).

As for Takedown, even if they managed to fix and make it competent, they have lost all faith and business. It takes one mistake to f**k up your name in game world.

(I STILL can't believe this is Unreal 3 engine..) :o
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT

|MYT|theDeparted wrote:SWAT 4 used Unreal 2.5 engine from what I can remember. It didn't had DX11 features so forcing it won't do anything.

You can add the commands in ini or shortcut but the game itself will not recognize them because it doesn't have any feature that uses DX11 (or PS 3.0).

As for Takedown, even if they managed to fix and make it competent, they have lost all faith and business. It takes one mistake to f**k up your name in game world.

(I STILL can't believe this is Unreal 3 engine..) :o
Yep, that exactly what I've said (twice :roll: )
I'm sry cuz I'm high, sleepy and confused :? (warning! imprecise cr4py information incoming ^^) but in Takedown case it unlocks some potential to forthcoming mods.

Actually I don't believe that run the current game in DX11 will deliver us better graphics, even with SM5 pack in game folder, since game stuff is seems be early 2011.
Recompile all stuff and repack shaders wont change nothing... just look to textures: no bump / no normal map! Geez!!! There are tool/plugins to auto generate UV maps. They don't even bother about that.
They didn't explored 5% of UE3 material editor... that's sad to an UE3 title... Sometimes remind me a HighRes Quake3 or Unreal.

Swat 4 uses a "beta" version of UE2.5, cuz UE2.5 was aimed to support SM3.0 and after DX10 (Vista & Xbox360), but Swat 4 and its Expansion shader package obviously could not generate resources that would not be supported by SM 2.0.
UE2.5 just was implemented in Swat 4 (Built 2225 like UT2k3) cuz the studio was working on Tribes3 (Built 2226) and after, Bioshock.

Note that Bioshock supports DX10 and has 2 shader package files in its system folder: 1 in same format of Swat 4 (extension .spk) and another compressed (or compiled) in HLSL.

Its public that a guy recompiled this last file to allow Bioshock run with DX9 to be compatible with SM2.0 GPUs
And Another guy compiled .dll to allow Unreal, UT and Deus Ex run with DX10 drivers.

Since Swat 4 running DX9.c supports SM3.0 - just check the log to find out, we could do the reverse process and add SM3.0 resources to Swat 4.
But like in Takedown, we would got only slight improvement keeping the original game content... It would be a heavy work, launched as mod/expansion, that could not be download dynamically by clients due the swat4.ini settings.

Same about the .dll creation... you need the all cpp source code of Swat4+UE to compile such thing; not only UnrealScript and Headers; and the only guy who had the cpp code had to remove it from web.

So in 2010 I though that could be a nice idea move all content to UDK and replacing that with another high polycount & highres textures (changing from ripped original Swat 4 content to toher pirated assets ;P -> seed torrent till bones ).
All is fine, but its hard to work in something that no one (or just few) will play... but Takedown at least did his 'merchandise', got bakers and a community hungry for the classic R6 and the Swat 4 sequel, till decide to release an unfinished and buuuuuuuuuuuuugy game...
Geez, time was not against serellan (mb some pressure from 505 due new consoles that arrived). But they got did the impossible spoiling what could really be an alternative title of BF/CoD/CS/MoH...

McTash had already mapped A-Bomb. He sent me the file and its great.
I would help in scripting, since I already have a 'playable' UDK S4 'thing' with original game content imported (well, things changed in my life suddenly, and I probably could not attend to the project anymore).
But know that everyone hate the game, we don't have public to release some S4 remake anymore.

Btw, I can play Swat 4 for more 10 years (lol I play DOOM since 10yo :)), but what I see is ppl moving to highend graphics games, ignoring the game role itself... Swat 4 is UNIQUE!
In the end, against all bids, Swat 4 seems has, in general review, better graphics than those flat surfaces of takedown :roll:
Last edited by BaDTimE on 06 Oct 2013, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

If you compared Raven Shield and SWAT 4, SWAT 4 actually is a much better tactical shooter. You get choices, to kill or arrest, you can play the game you want. In Raven Shield, from what I remember, you could arrest only if suspects gave up the fight (I haven't played the game for a long time).

Anyways, I think I will recreate Foodwall in UDK for lulz. Should be fun to see what the map would look like in Unreal 3 + DX11.
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT

|MYT|theDeparted wrote:If you compared Raven Shield and SWAT 4, SWAT 4 actually is a much better tactical shooter. You get choices, to kill or arrest, you can play the game you want. In Raven Shield, from what I remember, you could arrest only if suspects gave up the fight (I haven't played the game for a long time).

Anyways, I think I will recreate Foodwall in UDK for lulz. Should be fun to see what the map would look like in Unreal 3 + DX11.
My aim in Takedown (or at least it was when I thought that I would have some free time) would use its assets to recreate a S4 like game; mainly VIP Mode.
I like so much of realistic FPS with real guns, not fantasy laser guns lol.
So McTash recreated A-Bomb and was waiting fot Takedown release to use its meshes to complete the map.

I would use the Frontend to 'cook' the game with new scripts, but we still aren't sure about the mod system which devs said that would be implemented (DLC?).

Anyway, I played it 1st time today for real: SP and MP in 2 modes.

Unfortunately I found many ways of cheat in few hours (that's why SWAT 5 community project failed: ppl was afraid of UE3 known cheats)
Beyond cheats I found several bugs... I can't get all those things and sent to devs fix :| I would become slave of the game for weeks on bugtraking...
They should at least get another UE3 title and see the security actions taken by devs. Imo, Swat 4 is the game using UE most safe... still countless way to cheat there :\

So the good things: in SP mode, bots also surrender when they got out of ammo (or if you type some console command hahhaha). Its a nice resource ^^ so can the function and also the skeletal animation that approaches of a 'S4' cuffing action.

The lean system can be also tuned to behave like Swat4... That's actually more like CoD4: pretty useless.

Check the McTash VIP Mode thread on Serellan's Dev Forum to convert UnrealUnits from Swat to Takedown (Tash said that had got the convertion factor).
Takedown maps are subtractive... So, idk, but I think he got to use a known java T3D maps converter after all.

And LoL... Foodwall is not the most easy map to remake. :gl:
I just don't know if you should use the crappy game assets or put something better there.

In the end all about this game is lulz :lol:

EDIT: Maybe we should create here a subforum of DEV/MODZ
We have many m8ys from other clans with mapping and programming skills. mb someone modeling too...

EDIT2: I also got access in game of vision of all pawns, including bots and squad mates... mb add a viewport to simulate S4 helmet cam.

Well, I'm setting a dedicated server... mb I let it online tomorrow 8)
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT

Check this Penguin: http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.ph ... mod/page-3

The hell thing is that 'TakedownGame-Win64-Shipping editor -log' cmd line returns a error.
Last edited by BaDTimE on 02 Oct 2013, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “All other games”