|MYT|Beerbelott

Minecraft = Mojang = Microsoft

If there is any player of Minecraft around here...

Mojang founders sold the boat and left it.

Let's hope Mojang's future won't end up the same as the vast majority of now dead game studios owned by Microsoft.
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader
Discord: Foley#1330

Re: Minecraft = Mojang = Microsoft

It doesn't look like they're gonna screw it up. The community is too big and strong to let that happen. The biggest concern is how they are going to develop the game. The model used by Mojang (the one with regular snapshots which was implemented around the full release, can't remember exactly) worked really, really well. We don't see any blockbusters developed this way.
|MYT|Beerbelott

Re: Minecraft = Mojang = Microsoft

Yup I share your concern.

One of the most interest things I read about the buying operation is that, from a financial point of view, the money generated by the annual sales of Mojang are way bigger than what the currently low bank interests would generate from sitting money on a bank account...
I never saw thins like that :lol:
That means they do not really care about the RoI: the money used to buy Mojang is gone for good, they had (and still have) loads of cash anyway. They just focused on annual revenues.
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/15/615349 ... llion-deal

What is for sure, though, is that Mojang and Microsoft cultures differ a lot.

Let's just hope Mojang will be running on its own, without needing to enforce development visions or policies from Microsoft regarding their business model. That is a common fear beteween you and me...
Hopes, hopes... Trying to convince myself actually. :lol:

I would hate to see some microtransactions appearing in-game, the way 'modern' titles are getting their extra RoI. Microtransactions ala Candy Crush? DLCs? :thumbdown:

Return to “All other games”