|MYT|DK

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

Hey guys don't know if anyone play ETS2 possible nobody, but I just love it with every update what SCS software giving to us even after 2 years of realising is getting better and much more realistic.

You can find many of updates to "tune" your lorry or just maps of Russia, Hungary, Scandinavia, Poland etc.

I will add some pictures of my game

Because of my low specification computer the graphic is not high or something... I highly recommend if somebody like to travel around the Europe

Cheers DK
Not active in-game BUT active on the forum
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader
Discord: Foley#1330

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2)

This game is something, you know. It seemed boring at first but now I just love to turn on the radio or play a podcast and hit the road. I'd like to see CB-radio and police like in previous SCS titles. Any mod for that mb?
|MYT|Beerbelott

Yup I have been owning this one for 2 years now.
Although it usually make people laugh, it is a pretty damn good piece of software!

First, it is a driving simulation... If any of the 2 words annoy you, then you are not part of the target market segment ;-)

Loads of crap-simulation titles are published each year, thanks to crappy developers/publishers who release cheap stuff worth nothing just to make money.
Those guys are not taking the matter lightly and released a high-quality, maitained/expanding product.

They continue to improve the game regularly, and they finally managed to get licenses rights from all 6 truck manufacturers depicted in the game.
The recently started re-recording sound for all trucks, so in an upcoming update, you'll finally get Mercedes trucks (replacing the 'Majectic' brand used as a placeholder while awaiting license rights) and get more detailed sounds for every model!
They also regularly add content, as new trucks appeared in a recent update.

I strongly recommend you of reading/following their blog: http://blog.scssoft.com/

You can buy the bundle base game + expansion for 30€.
You can get the game either retail or Steam. When you buy retail, you will have a Steam key for it.
I hate dematerialized stuff, so I went for the pressed DVDs. ;-)

Their business model expands from selling the base game with DLCs, while trying to provide as much as possible for free:
  • Expansions include more map coverage. Going East extends the map to the east, while the upcoming Scadinavia one will go north. They are infrequent.
  • Paint jobs are a regular proposed DLC: for a few bucks, you can use those themed paintings on your trucks. There are several series, one coming regularly is per-country paint jobs. They use it as an additional money income to help producing content.
They stated a project called 'World of Trucks' as a meta-project aiming at joining several games to a common connected environment (like a common account to share/discuss/store settings). That project paves the way to other truck simulations game.
They started an 'American Truck Simulator' project in the direct lineage of the old Wheel of Steel license, with the new based that ETS2 represents.

More information available on anything I said on their blog. :P
|MYT|DK

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: I am shocked somebody playing ETS2 :D hmm okay what mods you using ?

Hmm Trollzilla I saw some mods for police
http://ets2.lt/en/europolice-v1-2/ here is some police going around

highly recommend this site for mods http://ets2.lt/
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader

|MYT|DK wrote: Hmm Trollzilla I saw some mods for police
http://ets2.lt/en/europolice-v1-2/ here is some police going around
Meh, it's just an extra car model for traffic. I miss escaping police that used to smash its way through the traffic like it was in 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America.
|MYT|DK

Ohh I see so hmmm I m not sure they gonna do it
|MYT|Beerbelott

No mod at all. Lean and clean :P
|MYT|DK

Beerbelott you should try some mods :-) its some nice mods for trucks or longer heavier trailers :)

Do you have some DLC?
|MYT|Beerbelott

I bought the one I consider as an 'expansion': Going East.
I do not buy paint jobs, however. From what I read on the blog, it seems loads of people are already doing it.
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

I started to play it few days ago. Quite fun. But after i tried to use some modes i cant open my save.. :evil: Even after turning off all mods.. :roll:
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader

What mods did you install, out of curiosity?
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

|MYT|Trollzilla wrote:What mods did you install, out of curiosity?
Me? some coz i was curious.. And this curious make me lost my progress.. :evil: :evil:
I dwnl today: train, trailers_and_cargo_pack_by_Jazzycat_v2.3_eng, HUNGARY_MAP_byFRANK007_v0.9.1, EU_Map_1.10.2, Eastern_Express_V3.8_for_ETS2_V1.12.1, ai_traffic_pack_by_Jazzycat_v2.1..
|MYT|Beerbelott

The Scandinavia DLC is coming... 2nd and big one!

On the side of it, v1.17 patch will be released, including some more tweaks, the first ever officially licensed Mercedes Actros, and some more customization possibilities, oroented towards wheels.
They are even thinking about a patnership with wheels manufactures to get official brand & physics data for them...

It is refreshing to see a company dedicated with real support to a game, improving it for everyone and not locking those improvement as part of paying-only stuff.

The simulation genre was so heavily polluted by crap-maker such as United Independent Entertainment GmbH with their Whatever Simulator (surfing Microsoft font & style from their Train & Flight simulators to sell them) that I am relieved real competent coders and management allow suc ha title to exist.

You do not need to be a truck geek. If you seek having some calm, relaxing game time and you look for real work being done that is worth your money, have a look to :
  1. The game demonstration version (actually full game, time-limited)
  2. SCS Software blog filled with lastest news and interesting stuff to read/see
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader

Good find. The terrain looks magnificent. Tyres with different properties is a nice idea as well. I hope I won't lose my progress after installing the DLC.

Return to “All other games”