Fallonsnest
Xbox: Fallonsnest

SWAT Reloaded

Hey,

It's been a while, but the project is progressing.
Spend last few days strugling to implement steam for having a server list and be able to join games.

According to all info i have, the implementation should be working, but for some reasson i can not see my dedicated server in the list.
This is most likely cause of my ISP router not allowing me to access my external IP from within the network.

so i need some people who can help me with a some connectivity testing.
- Starting a multiplayer game from withing the game
- Running a dedicated server
- Joining games in the server list

Currently finishing the UI for the server browser and creating an online game, but this should be finished by the end of the week.
So this weekend i will see if a can temporary run a FTP for downloading the test game and dedicated server builds.
These will be contentles releases, meaning no gameplay, so empty maps for testing connectivity to reduce the download size.

Kind regards,
Fallonsnest

Re: SWAT Reloaded

Small question ... :)

What is used these days to record gameplay? Long time ago when i still played it was FRAPS ...
Been contacting 3D modellers to have cost estimations for creating the 3D content needed for the game, so i have a fund estimation to raise when launching the project on kickstarter.
But the more u can show, the easier it gets to raise funds for the project, so recording gameplay will be needed.
Fallonsnest

Screenshot of first character models have been added to the game :)

http://swat.prophpbb.com/topic18.html

First weapon models (low quality atm) have also been added for testing:
- G36
- Moss500 (Shotgun)
- Berretta M9
- Revolver
Fallonsnest

More screenshots released ;)

Most are low quality cause they are made in the editor.

http://swat.prophpbb.com/post21.html
||ESA||Joky(Fra)
MYT friend
Steam: BizZ56

I just discover what you do, and I have admiration for people like you who tries to bring his IT skills to this game :clap:
I just overview a bit your project in your forum, and it is promising.

Keep it going on :mrgreen:
Evolve: jokyfra
Steam: ||ESA||Joky
Fallonsnest

Thank u :)
A lot of time has been put on the project already. Because about 80% of the code base is ready, i can put some more time in getting real content and show a bit more of the project.

Still i would need to be able to find some people for the steam connection testing.
Currently finishing some stuff regarding to weapon behaviour and object interaction. When these are finished i could release a playable multiplayer test version.
Only important thing missing is arresting/unarresting/diffusing cause im blocked with the animations there (unless a un-animated arresting/bomb diffusing is acceptable for a first test version :o)
Most coding that still need to be done is the AI part, single mission, campaign, coop, coop campaign ...

Hoping to finish the weapon/interaction code by the end of next week (depend on how much free time, almost none this week) and see how much time i need for making a playable map (no fun on playing on a flat surface without walls :))
||ESA||Joky(Fra)
MYT friend
Steam: BizZ56

Hard hard to be SIerra ;) anyway I stop to spam ur topic ^^
Evolve: jokyfra
Steam: ||ESA||Joky

Return to “All other games”