Fallonsnest
Xbox: Fallonsnest

Hello

Hey guys,

I was searching for some active "SWAT4" players and run into your forums.
Its nice to see some of the "old" players are still playing. They might remember me as <CTA>Nightmare :wave:

Years ago i stopped playing games on computer and currently play on XBOX360 now and then (mainly BF4/GTA5)

The main reasson im here ... :shock:

Some of u might also still remember i was playing with the idea of making a game based on swat and put lot of free time in developing my own game engine.
But after years and years of programming and not getting anywhere cause as a one-man development team i cant keep up with the latest technologies and it's just way to much work to get things done.
These days some "AAA" game engine became more or less free and i started playing with them. (Mainly Unity/UnrealEngine)
Finally i ended up with UnrealEngine 4 and really love to work with it. After learning the basics i started working on my old idea of making a SWAT4 based game.
At this point i got the basics of the game more or less working, so i started searching for active SWAT4 communities/players to gather ideas for the game, get some support (even if only motivating by supporting/showing interest in the project)
I'm also trying to find people who want to "pre-alpha" test my current work cause i just can't test everything all the time. Don't expect to much of it at this time, there is no UI, it's missing lot of animations, it's currently using the default UE4 prototype character ... (i have a swat model, but need to retarget the animations cause different skeleton), using sci-fi weapons as those are "free" content and i'm not a modeller who can create weapons.

So by running into your forums and being suprised u guys are still active, it might be nice if MYT want to support the project (testing, ideas, ...)

Kind regards
|MYT|Edward
Honorary Member
Origin: edwardwine
Steam: pateatartiner

Re: Hello

Hey Nightmare,

I know you don't remember me, but I do :p I had some great time with CTA on our server :)

I like your project, and if others are ok we could create a dedicated part or thread on the forum to support it and exchange.
We could start with a thread, and if grow up, create a "part" (sub-forum) dedicated to it.

"Soyez vous-même, c'est votre seule chance d'être original." Marcel Pagnol
"Be yourself, it's your only chance to be original." Marcel Pagnol
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

|MYT|Edward wrote:Hey Nightmare,

I know you don't remember me, but I do :p I had some great time with CTA on our server :)

I like your project, and if others are ok we could create a dedicated part or thread on the forum to support it and exchange.
We could start with a thread, and if grow up, create a "part" (sub-forum) dedicated to it.
OK by me..

And hi Nightmare m8y...I do remember you :D
Fallonsnest

haha, it been a while sinds i played, probably over 3 years now :shock:

A dedicated sub-forum would be cool, but also have an own forum for it and SourceForge page for tracking issues and stuff
Just din't wanna put links in my introduction post as i was planning to post it on the "Other Games" section or some other place where such things belong.

U can check the forums if u want. I added the first screenshots yesterday with a list of whats currently implemented and working.
As u can see there i made some progress allready and getting close to a first "pre-alpha" release to be tested which i plan to update frequently.
http://swat.prophpbb.com

Most important for me at this moment is to get back in tough with SWAT4 players who can test. Im spending lot of time programming the game logic and features, so i do some testing but offcourse can't test all. Specially the networking part. Is some of my code causing lag? are character warping in internet MP gameplay? are there connection issues?
For example, the VIP game mode is programmed to have an other player take control of the VIP character when the current VIP player disconnects ... not able to test that at the moment.
By default UnrealEngine seem to keep the player state for a while if a player disconnect, so when reconnecting the score should stay as before disconnect ... not able to test.

Currently implementing "stun damage" like CS gas, sting, pepper and be able to arrest other players. As the VIP game mode is fully implemented, its currently not possible to arrest the vip yet :sick:
And as i dont have animations for that yet, u will only see the arresting in the progress bar in first instance. But these are the things that don't matter at this moment. Its mainly the gameplay that need to be tested, like is arresting replicated over network correctly.

Once this is done i will make a first "playable" map. Might be a bad map as modeling and map making is not really my thing :)
Once the gameplay is ready and the graphical part start to matter, i will most likely launch the project on kickstarter to get some funding to buy the required animation packs, weapon packs (UE marketplace) and find someone who can make the specific animations like arresting.
mourad

hey nightmare.i do remember you as well and it would be nice to see swat running on UE 4.

Big up from (SoB)mourad ;)
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT
Steam: |WM|BaDTimE

Hi Nightmare!

I remember about your "Swat 5 vs Community Project" post in FPA around 2009/2010.

I told you that we should use UDK, and told me that was better have an own game engine cuz cheaters... then I Imported all (original) stuff from Swat 4 to UDK, but I really sux with mapping works (latter I discovered that {ELF}McTash was very good with that).

I'm glad to see you around again :)

I wish you success with the project :thumbup:

Penguin, that's your call...
Fallonsnest

ah yes, i remember that topic, there u can see how long i been playing with the idea of making the game :o

I also was able to load the character + animations from SWAT4 into my own engine, but that violation of copyrights and i don't wanna go that way :)
For UE4 there is enough free content available from the marketplace to get started.
The skeleton of the model also changed a lot so retargetting those old animations would be pretty hard.
This is another advantage of UE4, if all the models use the same skeleton i can use the same animation sets/controllers.
At this point i have some free characters which includes a swat guy, suspect and some general (civilian)
But these do not match the default UE4 skeleton so i need to retarget the animations for each of these models, which results in having all animations multiple times with different skeleton.
Hoping they update the market place package with the models soon, cause u "must" use the default skeleton to get your content package accepted on the market place, but for this one it doesnt (free mixamo.com character pack)

Sinds i started using UE4 im making great progress with the game project and achieved in about 2 months more then i achieved in the last years trying to create my own engine (cause more work on the engine as the game :sick:)
Fallonsnest

Where should i post if i have questions about the game (want opinions)?
My introduction post doesnt seem the right place for it :)
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader
Discord: Foley#1330

Fallonsnest wrote:Where should i post if i have questions about the game (want opinions)?
My introduction post doesnt seem the right place for it :)
"All other games" if you ask me.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”