_x

SERVER PERFOMANCE

Hi MYT.
Due to constant complain of Mapstar i decided to create this topic in order to show u how u can improve perfomance of your server which will also give the players better game experience since my persistent typing to you won't bear fruit.

Let's start by doing this:
[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=256 - for better stability, load times (higher can cause server crash)
[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays= from 30 or 0 to 500 - Reduces lag when you encounter a player
-----
change settings to these:
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
MaxClientRate=20000 - The default value of this is usually 20000, which means, the client can maximum get 20000 bytes from server per second, you can increase it and see how it affect the server.
KeepAliveTime=0.008 - reduces delay (gives more packets)
NetServerMaxTickRate=80 - more data being sent to server = better 40 is too low for 16 players
LanServerMaxTickRate=80
change settings to these:
[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
MinDesiredFrameRate=1.000000 - Changing the minimum desired framerate ensures that framerate smoothing is not activated, which negatively affects mouse input.
UseTrilinear=False
TextureDetailInterface=Normal
TextureDetailTerrain=Low
TextureDetailWeaponSkin=Low
TextureDetailPlayerSkin=Low
TextureDetailWorld=Low
TextureDetailRenderMap=Low
TextureDetailLightmap=Low
(low setting always makes sure you'll get a chance of perfomance improvement)
D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
ReduceMouseLag=False - changing that to false makes sure smoothing remains off for good like in MinDesiredFramerate.
LevelOfAnisotropy= to 0 (its anti aliasing, what it does is that it smoothes edges on the corners so it wont remain ripped, you don't need that on )
LowQualityTerrain=True
DetailTexMipBias=1.5
DefaultTexMipBias=1.5

Hope u'll apply those changes and server will get better.. if not then well, most likely it is your virtual machine you have your server on might be main problem.
Last edited by _x on 08 Jun 2019, 21:25, edited 4 times in total.
|MYT|MaPsTaR
Team Leader
Discord: |MYT|MaPsTaR#5679
Origin: mapstar87
Steam: mapstar87
Uplay: mapstar87

Re: SERVER PERFOMANCE

_x wrote:Hi MYT.
Due to constant complain of Mapstar i decided to create this topic in order to show u how u can improve perfomance of your server
Well, I asked you to give useful improvement like this or stop complaining in server all time how bad the server is. :)

Hope to see those changes being applied at least for testing if it improves performance.
There is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer!
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader
battle.net: Danilo#21437
Discord: |MYT|Danilo#7658
Origin: |MYT|Danilo
Steam: jkdfg
Uplay: danilooirwjf93
Xbox: rileymartino

hello

From what I know is the originality of the game that has always distinot MYT. And this feature should not be lost to me
You know that the game is old but I do not like to change too many things in the game because you would lose the originality.
_x

|MYT|danilo wrote:hello

From what I know is the originality of the game that has always distinot MYT. And this feature should not be lost to me
You know that the game is old but I do not like to change too many things in the game because you would lose the originality.

what do you mean, the game will never lose originality, it will be better on the serverside, it won't change on your end, and from your words i can tell that you never experienced massive lags from this server like other people, and its not playable? where is your reason in this?

i'm not telling you to change the game speed of the server, or increase damage of the weapons, grenades, or add BabySize or stuff like that, it's called killing the flow of the game, and what i am doing is just improving the quality serrver should have since beginning, servers 10 or 14 years ago had better quality than this.
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

Thanks for your post x m8y

Your proposal will be looked into

Return to “SWAT4 Stats Tracker Support”