|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

Presentation

Hey guys. I'll have some presentation on my english class soon. Wld be great if some of u cld check grammar and spelling in my presentation. I will be grateful :D :thumbup:
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

Re: Presentation

Hi Kuchy m8y...

I fleshed out this...check it and see what u think :)

<><><>

Good morning/afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming.
My name is blabla, I’m student of 4th year of Civil Engineering of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture at the Kielce University of Technology.
Today I’m going to talk about mechanical watch.
First I'll describe its function then I’ll mention the main components. Next I’ll concentrate on materials and dimensions. At this point I’ll explain the location and functions of the main components, and then look at how to operate the device and how it works. Finally I’ll summarize my presentation and ask for questions.
Now let’s look at function of the device.
A mechanical watch is device which measure time daily. It is a watch which is driven by the energy used of the drive spring.
The device was invented by Peter Henlein in 1504. The mechanical watch is small, mobile and worn on the wrist.
I will now move on to main components.
The device is made up of a body, a windowpane, a knob, a hands, a clock face, a spring, a watch mechanism and a strap. The device body, knob and a watch mechanism are made of metal. The metal is strong and flexible. The windowpane is made of glass but the clock face and the hands are made of plastic. The last element is strap which is of leather. This watch is 17cm long, 3cm wide and 1cm high. The Clock face and hands are located inside the body and are protected by the windowpane which is located outside of the body. The hands show hours on the clock face. The knob is located outside of the body and it winds the spring located inside, this mechanism is the heart of the watch. The strap is attached to the body and keeps the watch on the wrist.
The device works as follows.
First you have to set your watch by using the knob, gently lifting it up and turning it to the left. After setting the proper time push the knob back into watch. When you turn the knob it drives the mechanism of the watch by main spring. The driven mechanism works for 46 hours, after which it requires winding. In conclusion this device has many advantages and disadvantages of which the most important advantage is that does not use batteries. It works only with movement and stops when it is removed from the hand and not used.
There is only one disadvantage in that it requires winding.

Do you have any questions?
If there are none, thank you for your attention, and Goodbye.

<><><>
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

Thanks for your help. Your version look much better than mine. ;) :thumbup:
|MYT|Trollzilla
Team Leader
Discord: Foley#1330

I had a go, hope it's helpful.

Good morning / Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming.

My name is ---. I’m a student of 4th year of Civil Engineering, the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture at the Kielce University of Technology. Today I’m going to talk about the mechanical watch.

First I'll describe its function. Then I’ll mention main components of the device. Next I’ll concentrate on its dimensions and materials it's made of. I’ll explain the functions of the main components and where they are located. After that I’ll go over operating the device. I’ll also draw your attention to how the device works. Once I sum my presentation up at the end, I'm going to answer your questions.

Let's have a look at the functionality of the device. The mechanical watch is a device that measures time. It's driven by the mainspring. (The device was invented by Peter Henlein in 1504. - it's off-topic) The mechanical watch is small, mobile and worn on the wrist.

Moving on to the main components, the device is made up of a body, a windowpane, a knob, hands, a clock face, a spring, a watch mechanism and a strap. The device body, the knob and the watch mechanism are made of a metal which is strong and flexible. The windowpane is made of glass whereas the face and the hands are made of plastic. The last element is the strap which is made of leather.

The (or This, if you are showing to the audience) watch is 17 cm long, 3 cm wide and 1 cm high. The clock face and the hands are located inside the body and are protected from fall damage by the windowpane which is located outside of the body. The hands on the clock face show the current time. The knob is located outside and it winds the mainspring which is inside. The watch mechanism is the heart of the watch. The strap is attached to the body. Its purpose is to keep the watch on the wrist.

The device works as follows. First you have to set your watch using the knob. Once you gently lift the knob, you're able to spin it counter-clockwise. After setting up the time you have to push the knob back. (When you turn the knob you drives mechanism of the watch by main spring. - I don't understand) A properly driven mechanism works for 46 hours. After that, the watch stops and you have to wind it again.

In conclusion, the device has both advantages and disadvantages. What's most important is that the watch doesn't require any batteries. It's completely manually powered and thus it stops working if it's left for a long period of time.

Do you have any quesions? Alright, thank you for your attention. Goodbye.

Return to “Technical Support”