|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

SWAT4 problem

Hi m8ys

I have a real problem with Swat4...

I can load ok....but when I click on join to go to the nick change ..The program freezes...

Swat4 runs fine in single player so I don't thk its a GPU prb.

Also my standby computer which is much older has the same problem...

The only common factor is the router...which is shared.

I have tried rebooting the router etc but to no effect....

I have even disabled xfire in-game..again no effect.

<><><>

I have even loaded TSS but as soon as I change from LAN to internet the program freezes

<><><>

I need help
|MYT|Edward
Honorary Member
Origin: edwardwine
Steam: pateatartiner

Re: SWAT4 problem

do you use a mod to fix the server list in game ?

"Soyez vous-même, c'est votre seule chance d'être original." Marcel Pagnol
"Be yourself, it's your only chance to be original." Marcel Pagnol
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT
Steam: |WM|BaDTimE

That happens a lot too when we click in list servers browser without internet connection.

Did you already tried this console command:

Code: Select all

open 81.19.209.212
That's useful to know if it's a mod problem or connection problem.

----

I got used to use only console cmds to performe actions. I recommend it to everyone.
Its really faster than GUI stuff or any orther client mod.

----

In last case I can send you original (or optimized ;p) .INI files; but I'm little busy, so Edward will probably do it :P

----

PS. I just realized that its happening in both PCs, so maybe set your main PC LAN IP to DMZ in router;
also check windows firewall settings and antivirus;
perform a simple connectivity test: Start Menu -> Run -> cmd /k ping 81.19.209.212 -t

For further connection/mod errors try to check your swat4 log and post last lines where its freeze.

Good luck m8y.
I will be glad being the new boss in your absence... opssSs damn pills again :shifty:
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

I only have Gez Client Mod Cl V13....Admin Panel...

I have tried numerous reboots soft & hard....Router reboot etc....

Its odd that its happening to two different Computers, but as I say the common factor is the Router.

But that seems to be ok....

<><><>

The last update of GPU driver was in March....other than that just Windows upgrades.

<><><>

The Windows Firewall is turned off

<><><>

Incidently if I am quick enough I can click on Direct IP button this prevents the crash until you try to access the Internet.

So I am at a loss really....Possibly re-install swat on the older computer to see if that clears the problem.
|MYT|Edward
Honorary Member

I think same than Badtime, probably it's because it can't get answer from the MainServer (Gamespy), I think you should try to install a mod to get back the server list, that would change the MainServer from Gamespy to another one, and probably fix the problem.

Anyway, to join with the button "Direct IP" it's not necessary to clic on "Internet", you can stay within "LAN".

|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

I have re-Installed Swat4 on my older computer....problem still persists...

Additionally I have changed router... again problem still persists..

I have to say I am at a total loss at what to try nxt...

Trouble is I am not Computer savvy..
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

|MYT|Edward wrote:I think same than Badtime, probably it's because it can't get answer from the MainServer (Gamespy), I think you should try to install a mod to get back the server list, that would change the MainServer from Gamespy to another one, and probably fix the problem.

Anyway, to join with the button "Direct IP" it's not necessary to clic on "Internet", you can stay within "LAN".
Your a genius Edi m8y...

I chged to LAN button...Clicked on Direct IP...typed in IP and joined the server..

:D
|MYT|Beerbelott

|MYT|Edward wrote:I think same than Badtime, probably it's because it can't get answer from the MainServer (Gamespy), I think you should try to install a mod to get back the server list, that would change the MainServer from Gamespy to another one, and probably fix the problem.
Unrelated.

I have not changed anything on my SWAT 4 install since Glu Mobile took GameSpy Tech server(s) for SWAT 4 offline and I do not experience any problem.
The only known effect of those servers down is... an empty list! ;-)

Btw, I would highly recommend avoiding MarkMods server list modification.
Reading from its page (SWAT 4 version) shows that it introduces more bugs than it solves...
BaDTimE
Ex-MYT
Steam: |WM|BaDTimE

|MYT|Beerbelott wrote:
Unrelated.

I have not changed anything on my SWAT 4 install since Glu Mobile took GameSpy Tech server(s) for SWAT 4 offline and I do not experience any problem.
The only known effect of those servers down is... an empty list! ;-)

Btw, I would highly recommend avoiding MarkMods server list modification.
Reading from its page (SWAT 4 version) shows that it introduces more bugs than it solves...
I always experienced this freezes when "Internet" is selected instead "LAN" is Server Browser Screen.
Ed is right about that. Screen freezes till some timeout or when I got internet connection back.
The point is get no one reply from Gamespy serverlist, instead an empty list or unsurported game answer from it.
Anyway I don't know if Markmods ServerList Mod could fix Torq's problem since I never have installed it.

The MM Serverlist Fix was really a great job and helps to keep swat community alive.
Imo all Torrent should have it installed by default to newcomers (just check torrents comments like "there's no server!!! Crap game").

So I would like to recommend it only to your newbie friends.
It's not about bugs, but there's no need to MYT members install new mods since Serge already provided a superb serverlist to us.
In this terms I'd strong agree with your recommendation, Beer m8y.

Personally I don't use neither Mark or Gez anymore. It's just get use to console short time factor.
I didn't even realized that ppl uses 'Direct IP' button when you could just type 'open' or 'start' in console.
|MYT|Beerbelott

You were right, I actually experience a game freeze on the lobby when 'Internet' is selected.

I do not get why I have been able to use this panel before to hit the 'Direct IP' button...
The last time I used it was to connect to the tounament server, and I used the 'Direct IP' panel. Mb the freeze does not occur if you open that panel quick enough?
I do not get it...

About having a server list, there are cleaner ways to provide a new list than modifying the game.
MarkMods author is so used to solve everything that way that he went straight for it... but in my eyes that is both ugly and dirty.

Experimenting some ideas, atm...
|MYT|Edward
Honorary Member

probably gamepsy server timeout call an exception... you know, maybe just change your host file could be ok.

Viper
Ex-MYT
Steam: srxviper

I did not play SWAT 4 between 23rd and 26th July. Before the brief stop, my SWAT 4 panel was always on "internet" instead of LAN. On the 27th, I had problems similar to Torq's. Everything went back to normal after I selected "LAN". Guess I will leave it at that.

I don't use the MarkMods server listiing because Single Player mode is disabled.

DExUS' SWAT 4 Server Browser Alternative has been updated to v1.61 recently, in case you guys have not checked it out already. I don't use any of that stuff because almost all servers listed are likely 300-plus ping from here.
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader

|MYT|Viper wrote:I did not play SWAT 4 between 23rd and 26th July. Before the brief stop, my SWAT 4 panel was always on "internet" instead of LAN. On the 27th, I had problems similar to Torq's. Everything went back to normal after I selected "LAN". Guess I will leave it at that.

I don't use the MarkMods server listiing because Single Player mode is disabled.

DExUS' SWAT 4 Server Browser Alternative has been updated to v1.61 recently, in case you guys have not checked it out already. I don't use any of that stuff because almost all servers listed are likely 300-plus ping from here.
Yep mine was a sudden problem as well..after years with none..

Anyway the LAN & Direct IP works :D
|MYT|Beerbelott

I think you must have checked the 'Internet' option button by mistake, probably just like I must have done.

Same, no trouble, even since the GS takedown.
When 'LAN' is checked, there is no query, thus no hang-up.
Michal

You have to delete SwatGUIState file from system folder. Thanks to Rugi I fixed problem. Anyway to be sure you not deleting wrong file I advice take back up.

Return to “Technical Support”