Demon speed

Freeze problem

Hello

Swat4/TSS sometimes freeze for 1-2 secs for me. I have that problem since i installed game over 3 weeks ago. I tried to search in google but only info i got with freezing its pc have not enough requirements (old pc). I have new laptop Intel i5 1,7 GH, GeForce GT 635M, 2GB grafic RAM, 8GB RAM, Win8, Net 20/2Mb.
Its not happens offten and not for long, its may freezing all day and next day work normal. Yesterday on VIP i got again freezing since over week. Laptop/game reset and flush doesn't help. I checked how processor/RAM work durnnig play and didn't seen to was some high level. I set lower grafic details etc. and nothing changed.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it ?
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

Re: Freeze problem

Demon speed wrote:Hello

Swat4/TSS sometimes freeze for 1-2 secs for me. I have that problem since i installed game over 3 weeks ago. I tried to search in google but only info i got with freezing its pc have not enough requirements (old pc). I have new laptop Intel i5 1,7 GH, GeForce GT 635M, 2GB grafic RAM, 8GB RAM, Win8, Net 20/2Mb.
Its not happens offten and not for long, its may freezing all day and next day work normal. Yesterday on VIP i got again freezing since over week. Laptop/game reset and flush doesn't help. I checked how processor/RAM work durnnig play and didn't seen to was some high level. I set lower grafic details etc. and nothing changed.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it ?
Have you tried running swat under xp emulation....
I do so with win 7....I did not have any issues with my O/S ...It was just in case...
Demon speed

I try with XP then.
Demon speed

Same problems with win7/XP emulation.
I forget mention that's when i run game i got info thats my grafic card don't have enough RAM. I need at least 32 Mb RAM and game can be unstable.
theDeparted
Ex-MYT

1) Re-install nVidia driver (do a "Clean Install").

2) After installing, open nVidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Select SWAT 4 from program list

3) Set "Texture Filtering Quality" to "Performance"

4) Set "Maximum Pre-rendered Frames" to "1"

Try playing the SWAT 4 SP now for a while and see if it still freezes (oh and set in-game World Detail, Texture and Bump Map quality to lowest, you don't need that for MP).

Oh and another thing. Installing TSS messes up vanilla SWAT 4. TSS is broken, buggy, unoptimized mess that destroys performance of vanilla game. Uninstall it and re-install SWAT 4 only. If you still want to play TSS MP, then you can copy the folder and have 2 SWAT 4 installations, one with TSS and one without.
Demon speed

Not working, even worse, i had more freezs than usually :/.
Wes
MYT friend
Origin: Ninwes
Steam: Ninwes
Uplay: Ninwes

Demon speed wrote:Not working, even worse, i had more freezs than usually :/.
If you have teampseak overlay or VlC media player they can have some troubles with swat 4
Also try closing any program using the internet and then try to play the game again
Demon speed

ITs freeze, even if i closed all useless programs.
Wes
MYT friend

Demon speed wrote:ITs freeze, even if i closed all useless programs.
Is this a fresh CD install or a digital download instal or a *cough* install ?
Demon speed

CD install.
Wes
MYT friend

Demon speed wrote:CD install.
does it freeze ingame or at the splash screens ?
Does only swat4 crash or other unreal engine games too
Demon speed

Ingame, most time when a lot text coming in chat, like orders or comments about kill(VIP mode).
I didn't got crashes, only freezes.

I think i solved problem, need few days to confirm that.
Demon speed

Well, i though i solved it but still have same problem :/.
|MYT|Beerbelott

First fix the main bugs pipeline:
Are your drivers up to date? I mean ALL drivers. From BIOS to stuff you would not think about (Bluetooth, mouse, everything you can think of).
Check your PC manufacturer website to have information on recommended (even if somewhat outdated) drivers. Try to get the freshest ones from components manufacturer if you know what you are doing.

Maybe try some side ways too?
Does you laptop have an integrated grphics chipset? In that case try to start it with the other graphics chip (either integrated chipset or GPU).
Wes
MYT friend

Demon speed wrote:Well, i though i solved it but still have same problem :/.
I once had that with my pc too, there where a couple of problems with it

1. My Procesor worked for 100% and that made the freezes at times (a spyware got in my pc for some reason)
2. A dust buildup in my case made the computer freeze at times especially when getting warmer
3. i had norton antivirus and it was updatin and it used all of my ram

Also Try what beer said, update all drivers of things pluged in.

Return to “Technical Support”