|MYT|MaPsTaR
Team Leader
Discord: |MYT|MaPsTaR#5679
Origin: mapstar87
Steam: mapstar87
Uplay: mapstar87

As actually runnig for testing purposes on world server, I'd like to use this chance to optimize spawn protection mod.

Feel free to let us know what you think about spawn protection - not in general but how it is handled by mod.

Please give explicit examples - i'll ignore post that only call it bad names.

What don't you like?
How should it be handled instead?

What was the situation (map, spawn, vip location, your/enemy location)?
What happened?
What did you expect instead?
Last edited by |MYT|MaPsTaR on 15 Apr 2020, 16:33, edited 4 times in total.
There is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer!
|MYT|MaPsTaR
Team Leader

Re: Feedback: spawn protection

|MYT|GaetanFr wrote:Dont forget to unput spawnprotection on MYT World svr, it was ridiculous to play mode with people staying in spawn and never can be killed... get a 2nd server is a good idea, but need same rules and settings... else people no come anymore on this one
or arested vip near spawn and then no option to release
World server has exactly same rules as Team server!
Only actual difference is: On world server spawn protection is watched by a mod which was developed to exactly match our current rules about spawn killing / camping.

People staying in spawn is a real problem, spawn protection time maybe should generally be limited - at least for some spawn regions.
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader
battle.net: Danilo#21437
Discord: |MYT|Danilo#7658
Origin: |MYT|Danilo
Steam: jkdfg
Uplay: danilooirwjf93
Xbox: rileymartino

some players have complained about the protection that does not allow to clear the area when the vip is near the exit but I have not noticed this problem. maybe you could make sure that the vip is recognized at the exit a little earlier and the protection is deactivated

for now I only ask that the exit time of the protection be reduced
" spawn protecione disabled at 5 seconds"

instead of 5 seconds I ask to reduce it to 2 seconds because otherwise the protection remains active for too long a period

for the rest I have not noticed particular problems only this. perxhe if not reduced, it brings protection even in areas that do not have to be protected, especially for those who use light jackets
|MYT|GaetanFr
Team Member
Discord: guetos37

So,

i think we played without spawnprotection since the start of swat4, and i joined MYT cos i think its cool cos MYT wasnt using things idiots as spawnprotection inside server. I think spawnprotection should be a human protection with admin.
A machine cant see that a moment vip coming and need a way to can go, sometimes its needed to make a spawnkill for the save of the vip.
I saw people that camp inside spawn that was unkillable... if they keep camp in alley in foodwall for example they never die...
I saw vip near and cant cover him then he was arested and unreleasable, we loose the interest of the game...
And most players was angry about it, cos of these things and then im sure, MYT team svr and WM server full today, not MYT world svr... people want good servers with normal rules not nabish server as we can see in past specially for noobs.
Actually 95% of players on swat4 are pros and olds players, we dont need this to get a good game and its a worst game going with spawnprotection active...

Regards.
Gaetan
|MYT|SUPREME
Team Member
Discord: SUPREME#2679

:wave: I agree with Danilo the protection is to long it should be reduced on 2sec, because you can be quite far in 5sec (experienced that yesterday when i was playing in food wall map the suspect was almost at the entrance of the restaurant in 5sec when his protection disabled so i couldnt kill him). Didn see any other problem though.
On the other half i kinda agree with GaetanFr as well it is true that players respect the rules (with a few exceptions from time to time) and we dont realy need that protection because, like the GaetanFr said most of them are pros or elders. So if u ask me, my humble opinion is that that protection should be disabled :D

Best wishes!
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader

I think if it is configured well it would be very helpful I often see violations of this rule

don't forget that you are currently in a testing phase so it is normal that there is some problem

when there are no online admin more than one player spawned. and these players are older players who know the rules perfectly

what gaean observed is that configuration that i asked to modify

I am convinced that spawn protect could be very useful only to perfect it. even from web admin it is difficult to establish if it is a spawn kill or not so if there was it would be all gained

but let's see if there are other opinions. the deactivation of this mod I keep it as a last resort but for me it is not necessary I saw that it already works very well

for what gaetan wrote I can't go into details but I can say that there have always been conflicts regarding spawn kill and spawn camp. this would solve the problem definitively for everyone
|MYT|Kill_me

i think spawn protection will kill the game totaly People will leave this game i love this game but i want it like it is now if you put it on i will play less maybe quit
|MYT|LookingForDad
Team Member
Discord: #4842
Origin: djricky1402
Steam: |MYT|LookingForDad
Uplay: DjRicky2010
Xbox: fazerus@windowslive.com

IMHO classic spawn protection like was in MarkMod was not doing it's job completely, because it doesn't care, if vip is in spawn, or not. So we can have vip in spawn, and spawned team is immortal = they WILL protect/free VIP.

Still, SPMod could help a lot. I think it could be great, only IF:
a) mod detects, if vip is in spawn, or not
b) mod detects, if player was shot upon first

So it works accordingly to current server rules. Otherwise it will ruin the game completely :)
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader

|MYT|LookingForDad wrote:IMHO classic spawn protection like was in MarkMod was not doing it's job completely, because it doesn't care, if vip is in spawn, or not. So we can have vip in spawn, and spawned team is immortal = they WILL protect/free VIP.

Still, SPMod could help a lot. I think it could be great, only IF:
a) mod detects, if vip is in spawn, or not
b) mod detects, if player was shot upon first

So it works accordingly to current server rules. Otherwise it will ruin the game completely :)
so this mod works
|MYT|GaetanFr
Team Member
Discord: guetos37

If all working well and not disturbing the game it can be a good solution,but actually its not working, so, what i see is that ur test made people not anymore on Myt World server. swat4 community become a little community, near a family community, and we need to keep people on our servers :)
|MYT|MaPsTaR
Team Leader

|MYT|GaetanFr wrote:If all working well and not disturbing the game it can be a good solution,but actually its not working, so, what i see is that ur test made people not anymore on Myt World server. swat4 community become a little community, near a family community, and we need to keep people on our servers :)
That's why I asked for your feedback :)
Tell me if you think there is some bad config about spawn area size or if spawn protection should generally end after a given time for some regions (f.e. that have to be passed to reach exit)

I personally would not like to set a general maximum protection time for now but we may see what works best :)
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

I am concerned that another mod will add to the server lag...
I have had lags on some maps which for me is unusual for me...so I would lnot ike to see this added to.

Another concern is game play..Admins at present check regularly for sp problems but as I do use flexibility when to warn or not. An AI would not do so, is if u like black or white decision nothing in between..

However I do appreciate the work put into Mods , good work :)

I assume testing is still ongoing ?
|MYT|Danilo
Clan Leader

If testing is in progress there are some problems to be solved. I don't understand all this concerns so much until when the mod will not be perfect it will never be activated.

and must match the spawn rules exactly

as I have always said, the result must be a help, not a brake :D

I don't like to say it but there are times during the day when there are no admin on the server. and at that time I noticed several spawn kill violations
Xelah!
Discord: A$AP "Xelah"#3545
Steam: asapaduraru

I agree with other members too 8) S.Prot is cool but like I think it should be reduced
believe it or not I still shine after all these years. A$AP FOR LIFE.

Return to “SWAT 4”