!!--==SPAWN PROTECTION==--!!

Yes.
50%
No.
50%

Total votes: 28
|MYT|DK

Spawn Protection

Hey I was talk with Torq yesterday and we want make SPAWN PROTECTION same is it in ESA server :D and I want know what do you think about that
Last edited by |MYT|DK on 03 Jun 2011, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
Not active in-game BUT active on the forum
|MYT|Braveheart
Honorary Member

Re: Spawn Protection

I Totally agree on this one. As we have troubles making our rules hard on this subject, i belief this to be a solution to decrease the constantly discussion on spawnkilling. Though, allow me to add this will only affect "spawnkilling" on specific moments. We can not exclude everything within this rule.
  1. Eliminated aspects
  2. Those who just past by your spawn
  3. Those who camp spawn on purpose
  1. Contradictions
  2. VIP arrested in spawn...
    Whether the VIP is arrested in Officer or Suspect spawn. The spawning opponents are in advantage with spawnprotection. But i don't belief this will happen very often for suspects. Or a rubbish VIP action could have proven different :lolno:
  3. [Wes] In some maps the VIP has to get past spawn to go to exit (foodwall, Quick Fuel, ...). This won't be easy for officers then...
  1. Remaining issues
  2. Spawncamping... but we are discarding this rule at the moment. So don't be angry if you get trapped into spawn. Fight your way out with perhaps some tactical engagement.
  3. Spawn nading... spawn protection will not protect you against a well placed nade. And the protection won't take long enough to prevent them to kill you when you are still affected by that nade.
If anyone has some aspects that belongs to one of those groups, or has another view on it. You are free to respond and to add. Keep in mind that the main subject is: "Spawnprotection YES / NO " ;-)
Last edited by |MYT|Braveheart on 05 Jun 2011, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
|MYT|Jahhhh
Inactive Member

Totally agree with this. In my eyes, I see this function will give us a perfect line between spawnkilling and no spawnkilling.
Its easy to see and ppl can't cry about spawnkilling anymore.

Btw, how does it work?
Does it counts seconds after spawn when you are protected?
Does it protects ppl in the specific(spawn) area? When u step out of the area, u will no longer be protected?
|MYT|Braveheart
Honorary Member

It will be only the first seconds after spawn the player is protected. A protected area would be unacceptable in a few maps... take Brewer as example... then the full roof is protected by invulnerable suspects. How does the VIP get thru that?

I suggest that 3 seconds is already enough.
Image Image
Wes
MYT friend
Origin: Ninwes
Steam: Ninwes
Uplay: Ninwes

Not gonna vote as lately i can't play so but do wanna put in my 2 cents

Spawn protection can give problems on some maps where the sus spawn where the exit is, it makes it harder for swat to protect vip when vip goes to exit, yes spawncamping is just seconds but a really good player doesn't need more to take out all the swat in the area

Just my 2 cents
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

I vote for no spawn protection, i would vote also on spawn camp allowed on our servers like this is on some other servers, for me spawn killing/raping is making game harder so i like it more, u getting better skills in game then. I like spawn rape allowed on WM server it makes team thinking not only about vip but also about protection spawn area to not let enemies get there and kill all team members. :wave: :wave: :wave:
|MYT|DK

|MYT|Kuchar wrote:I vote for no spawn protection, i would vote also on spawn camp allowed on our servers like this is on some other servers, for me spawn killing/raping is making game harder so i like it more, u getting better skills in game then. I like spawn rape allowed on WM server it makes team thinking not only about vip but also about protection spawn area to not let enemies get there and kill all team members. :wave: :wave: :wave:
Yea If you like Spawn kill go to server where is allowed... People like MYT server because you have not allowed and they like that >lol<
Not active in-game BUT active on the forum
Dave
Ex-MYT

i think the server should stay like it is now. there is almost all time an admin on there who can kick a spawncamper/killer. but im also open to try a spawnprotection :)

EDIT: trying ESA server now since there is protection
|MYT|dimonkey
Honorary Member
battle.net: dimonkey#2417
Discord: dimonkey#1730
Origin: dimonkey75
PSN: dimonkey0
Steam: dimonkey
Uplay: dimonkey
Xbox: dimonkeyX

I'd prefer to keep it as it is. I don't see a reason to have spawn protection. I would hope that we pick our admins to act reasonably and I would therefore trust their judgement to make the decision at the time.

I personally don't see it as that much of a benefit. It works on time so we set it so X number of seconds of spawn protection (you lose spawn protection when you use any equipment).

If you set it to say 5 seconds, some maps it will be too much. If you set it to 3 seconds it could be not enough and pointless. In my opinion the spawn protection only really prevents those from camping within the spawn itself.

Also, as Brave said, what happens when the VIP is arrested in the spawn?

I don't find spawn killing / rape / camping fun personally and if I wanted to experience that I would play matches or go to a server where spawn camping is allowed. I know the poll is just on spawn protection but thought I would address spawn camping too. I don't think we should ever allow spawn camping - I know that it could be argued it is part of the game and agree it can be, but what Kuchar said about forcing teams to play tactically wont happen in public servers.

Yes it might encourage better players into our servers but what about the others? MYT is a community for all not just "pro" (or whatever you want to call them) players and I am proud of the fact that we encourage new players. I enjoy seeing new people in the server and enjoy seeing our members helping them out, for example explaining how a VIP game works, showing patience with lost VIP's and so on.

If we want to allow spawn camping and encourage "pro" players I suggest we have a different server set up that has different rules (bring back the World Server and change it's settings). I for one would not like to come to a public server, spawn and instantly die.

Back to the immediate subject, I don't think an automated spawn protection can provide what we need - I believe it is down to our admins and as I said I hope we pick them based on their ability to act rationally.

Sorry for the essay :p
|MYT|Kuchar
Honorary Member
Discord: mrkuchar #2722
Origin: Mr_Kuchar
Steam: s...unity.com/id/mrkuchar
Uplay: MrKucharr

|MYT|Dark_Killer wrote:
|MYT|Kuchar wrote:I vote for no spawn protection, i would vote also on spawn camp allowed on our servers like this is on some other servers, for me spawn killing/raping is making game harder so i like it more, u getting better skills in game then. I like spawn rape allowed on WM server it makes team thinking not only about vip but also about protection spawn area to not let enemies get there and kill all team members. :wave: :wave: :wave:
Yea If you like Spawn kill go to server where is allowed... People like MYT server because you have not allowed and they like that >lol<
Lolz Darky.. I dont need to go to others servers, or maybe u send me there cause u dont want to play with me?? :roll: And i dont need to play with spawn allowed but i think spawn protection is just too much, i know spawn raping is always controversary mattter like on foodwall (window+parking area) or much more situations but i think we dont need this on our servers, i think ppl like our servers with current settings. Its my opinion but choice is in hands of ppl who vote :D
|MYT|Torq
Clan Leader
Discord: |MYT|Torq#8727

First off..Thx Dark m8y for posting & raising this issue... :)

I understand the points posted...My view is

We must encourage new ppl....
But more importantly...Public Servers are not Pro..or Match Play.

Therefore as Di has said...Both rules as we have them is important....

I will Stress That Admins should use flexibilty in the game play..Warn when necessary..but above all don't over react..
Simply ...ppl can get carried away and break these rules..that in my view is part of what we need to understand when warning.
So I dont think SP protection is necessary...it is crude...Admins checking for violations in game can be Flexible and take into account player ability...Software driven protection does none of these things..

So no to SPP
Kirjakukka
MYT friend

I personally like it how it's now.

Spawn protection in some cases is good, to prevent "unnecessary" spawnkilling but it also has it down sides as if VIP is arrested near spawn (and exit is close like in the "Quick Fuel, Courthouse and the restaurant (for some reason cannot remember the name :p)) it will be a mess and no hope for swat team.

Like I said, it has two sides and I personally think it's better without spawn protection.
"Fatty powaa!" -Kirjakukka

|MYT|KapitanBomba
Inactive Member

:thumbdown: bad Idea... vip catched in swat spawn give permission to spawn rape whole SWAT team... It's a part of this game - my opinion

If you want, do minimal time. Like 2s just to move ass from fire line... But personally I preffer admins decide what spawncamp/killing is and when its allowed and when not.

Many times I saw someone or even get out myself from losted situation like spawnrape when vip was in spawn or on servers where its allowed. For me is good as now.

But ofc there is second server... Test it there, lets see...

Return to “SWAT 4”